Mission Space Restaurant and Ratatouille Ride Coming to Epcot, Tron in Magic Kingdom’s Tomorrowland, and MORE!

We’re reporting live from the D23 Expo and there is a TON of incredible news about the future of Walt Disney World!!

Mission Space Restaurant and Ratatouille and MORE Come to Epcot

First up, a brand new restaurant is slated to open in the next couple of years. This Table Service restaurant will be located adjacent to Mission: SPACE and will offer an “amazing dining experience in the stars”!!

RH5_4678

We’re sure the view will be out of this world ;-D. And we look forward to having a SERIOUSLY amped up dining option in Future World. This venture will be run by the Patina Restaurant Group (which operates spaces such as Via Napoli and Morimoto Asia).

Also, a Ratatouille ride has been officially announced for Epcot’s France! This will open in a space behind the Eiffel Tower in the France Pavilion — a completely new section of the pavilion. This will approximate the Ratatouille ride already operating in Disneyland Paris, in the sense that guests will “shrink to Remy’s size and scurry to safety in a dazzling chase across a kitchen with the sights, sounds and smells of Gusteau’s legendary Parisian restaurant,” according to Disney.

RH5_4678

AND back in Future World, a Guardians of the Galaxy-inspired attraction is also on the way!

RH5_4678

This attraction will be built in the space where Universe of Energy currently operates, and it will close on August 13, 2017).

RH5_4678

But those are not the only new attractions that were announced…

Tron Attraction Comes to Magic Kingdom

Tron is coming to Tomorrowland!

RH5_4678

This popular ride currently running in Shanghai Disneyland is a fan-favorite! And while some may be disappointed to see that it’s in Magic Kingdom as opposed to Epcot, I like the Tomorrowland location. It’s a fantasy attraction — not reality — so it fits better into Walt’s vision of Tomorrowland, in my opinion.

Magic Kingdom will also open a new live entertainment theater on Main Street, U.S.A.

But boy, oh, boy… there is STILL MORE. And they are BIGGIES!!!

Star Wars-Inspired Resort

YES!!!!! Oh, my goodness, if you want to LIVE in a galaxy far, far away, you will completely be able to with a stay at the upcoming Star Wars-inspired Resort!

RH5_4678

But it will be more than a Resort simply decorated to reflect and honor the Star Wars films. The experience will be completely immersive, inviting guests to actually BE A PART of a Star Wars story!

RH5_4678

There is more to say on this, so we’ll be following up with more on what sounds like it will be an amazing experience soon!

Disney Skyliner

If you enjoy keeping up with all the latest rumors swirling about Disney World, then you may be excited to hear that the GONDOLA transportation system has officially been confirmed!

RH5_4678

Officially named the Disney Skyliner, the gondolas will connect Pop Century Resort, Art of Animation Resort, Caribbean Beach Resort, and the newly announced Disney Riviera Resort (a Disney Vacation Club property) with Hollywood Studios, as well as Epcot’s International Gateway.

Oh, and guess what else?!

Toy Story Land Opening

It’s also been confirmed that Toy Story Land is opening NEXT YEAR!!

RH5_4678

Get ready to take on the Slinky Dog Dash family coaster and Alien Swirling Saucers, an attraction based on a toy set that Andy got at Pizza Planet!

Galaxy’s Edge — THAT’S the confirmed name for the upcoming Star Wars land coming to Disney World’s Hollywood Studios and Disneyland — is, as previously announced, slated to open in 2019.

So. Slow news day, huh ;) ?

Which of these experiences coming to Disney World are YOU most excited about? Let us know in the comments below!

Comments

1. Dave says

You forgot to add Great Movie Ride replacement; Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway railroad ride coaster in 2 1/2 D, thats 3D minus the need for the glasses. Tron ride next to Space Mountain! 2021 is gonna be an amazing year for the 50th!!!!

2. Lil says

I hope they don’t take away the French movie for Ratatouille. I’m sad to see the Great Movie Ride go, especially before my visit next month. Not much notice on that.

3. Kirsten says

As a for GMR cast member this is heart crushing news. I want a new park that is called Classic Disney. It will be like a graveyard of old attractions they have closed. Sky buckets from MK, Mr Toad, leages under the sea, the old toon town, catastrophe canyon, horizons , the old figment and the dream finder and most recently Malstrom etc. along with a bird and fish sanctuary that’s houses all the birds and fish they got rid of at the Polynesian. A monorail your still allowed to ride in the front with driver. River country. The park would end the day with Tapestry of Nations.

4. Kirsten says

As a former GMR cast member this is heart crushing news. I want a new park that is called Classic Disney. It will be like a graveyard of old attractions they have closed. Sky buckets from MK, Mr Toad, leages under the sea, the old toon town, catastrophe canyon, horizons , the old figment, the dream finder and most recently Malstrom etc. along with a bird and fish sanctuary that’s houses all the birds and fish they got rid of at the Polynesian. A monorail your still allowed to ride in the front with the driver. River country. The park would end the day with Tapestry of Nations.

5. Barbara says

Kirsten, I agree completely! Disney has discarded some great attractions in favor of the new ones. I’m disappointed in the growing connection to current movies. It would seem like they would get dated so quickly.

6. Shannon says

Kirsten – a vintage ride park would be awesome and extremely popular but I think it should be called “YesterLand.”

7. Megan says

I am so excited for all of the new attractions! I went on the Tron ride at Shanghai Disneyland, and it is my favorite Disney ride of all time! :) YAY for Disney!

8. Hannah says

I know things have to change but why take away some great rides. They have room to just add more. Maelstrom was a favorite ….and I enjoyed it much better than the Frozen ride.

9. Essie says

Although I’ll never stay at the star wars resort, I’m super excited about everything else! I love Kirsten’s idea about a classic Disney World park. I would truly enjoy that on every trip and so would so many of my friends and family!

10. Kimberly says

I’ve often thought the same thing as Kirsten: I’m waiting for that nostalgia land, too. But add World of Motion and If You Had Wings as well.

11. Andrea says

I’ve been to DLP several times and Ratatouille is my favourite ride there so I’m chuffed it’s going to Epcot. It’ll be great if they have the restaurant which accompanies the ride at DLP – Bistrot Chez Rémy. I’m going to DLP later this year and will be going on the ride and dining in the restaurant :-) This is the second ride that DLP have done an accompanying restaurant with. Pirates of the Caribbean has an accompanying restaurant which was called Blue Lagoon up until very recently. The ride has been refurbished and now has Jack Sparrow and the restaurant is now called Captain Jack’s. They’re both re-opening soon.

12. Sarah says

Yes, I agree with Kristin. Not every park goer loves to be shot through the air, spun around and dropped from the sky. Some of us enjoy the casual, entertaining attractions. I 100% agree and even if they called it Yesterland or Walt’s Village-whatever it’s a GREAT idea!
    I’m excited about the MK Gondola, the bus thing is a drag when staying at some of the further away hotels. DW is also always so crowded now, maybe more attractions will spread out the congestion that spoils the fun.

13. Allison says

Oh, “If You Had Wings…”
    I STILL expect to hear that magical song everytime I’m in the Magic Kingdom! That’s my childhood…holding my Daddy’s hand and bravely boarding my “flight.” I still can’t believe I couldn’t share this with my children…Let’s open the Land of Disney Classics! (Pretty Please? Tomorrow is my Birthday!!! ;) )

14. Kathy says

I agree with Kirsten, Hannah etc., yes I know there is an interest from some customers for speed , roller coasters & science fiction type themed rides but why does it have to turn into an expo, islands of adventure, or cedar point type park? It was started by Walt Disney with the vision to be a family place to come and enjoy and all of his original visions have begun to fall. Why don’t they build a roller coaster themed park and leave some of our memories alive with the original. Oh yes I know why it is all about “money”. So sad for us that valued and believed in the ” magic” that Walt brought to the parks so, so many years ago, and how now the older original ticket purchasers are being forgotten.

15. Lisa says

I too would love a park with all the old attractions and was thinking about that just the other day. Yes to ”If you had wings” for sure and maybe even “Dream Flight” and “The Mickey Mouse Review” (I believe it’s currently in Tokyo). Horizons for sure if we add attractions from other parks!

I am looking forward to all the great coming attractions at EPCOT AND Hollywood Studios I will miss The Great Movie Ride that was always one of my favorites. I will visit the G.M.R. a least two more times before it closes.