Flame Tree Barbecue
Flame Tree Barbecue, where guests with a beastly hunger can dine in a lush outdoor paradise overlooking Discovery River.
Flame Tree Barbecue is a popular counter service spot in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, located near the Discovery Island bridge to Dinoland. All seating is outdoors, but colorful pavilions provide shade and cover from the sun or inclement weather.
The menu features barbecue classics: St. Louis ribs with baked beans and corn bread, smoked chicken, beef, pork, and turkey. Barbecue Salad (crispy lettuce, garbanzo and pinto beans, cheddar cheese, corn, and crispy tortilla strips) – great for vegetarians! Flame Tree’s children’s menu offers a barbecue chicken sandwich, baked chicken drumstick with two sides, or a hot dog. This location is open for lunch and dinner.
Service: Counter Service
Type of Food: American, Barbecue
Location: Animal Kingdom, Discovery Island
Disney Dining Plan: Yes, Counter Service Credit & Snack items
Tables in Wonderland: Yes
Flame Tree Barbecue Menu
Traditional barbecue classics: 1/2 slabs of ribs, smoked beef or pork sandwiches, a 1/2 smoked chicken entree, and delicious sides are highlighted on the menu. Two desserts are available: chocolate cake or key lime pie. This location also serves “Safari Amber Specialty Brew” on draft.
Guest Review: The Mara
Guest Review: Animal Kingdom’s Flame Tree Barbecue
Guest Review – Theme Park Throw Down: Counter Service
Disney Food Blog Review: Flame Tree Barbecue at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Disney Food Blog Review: Onion Rings and Chocolate Mousse at Animal Kingdom’s Flame Tree Barbecue
- Ducks and other birds are known to visit the outdoor seating area and can be very “friendly” in an attempt to acquire some of your meal; as with all dining locations in the Animal Kingdom park, guests are strongly encouraged not to feed the animals.
- Condiments, napkins and flatware are available in several of the seating areas, not at the front counter.
- The Animal Kingdom park does not allow straws or lids to be used at counter service locations. If tippy trays are an issue for you, you may be better off buying your beverage in a bottle from a cart elsewhere in the park.
- There are several different seating areas for this location. The most visible are those directly to the left of the counter. However, if you follow the path toward the water, you’ll find seating with better views.
- Be sure to check out the themeing. Yes, those are depictions of animals eating other animals that you see throughout the seating area! It’s the Circle of Life theme…
Famous Dishes: Smoked 1/2 Chicken, St. Louis Ribs, Pork Sandwich (yum!)
Disney Food Blog Posts Mentioning Flame Tree Barbecue