By now, you’ve probably had the incredible cookies at Gideon’s Bakehouse in Disney Springs, and we bet you’ve even tried out the Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches at Dino-Bite Snacks in Disney’s Animal Kingdom. But we can almost guarantee that you haven’t heard of THIS Disney cookie yet!
One of our favorite treats in Disney World is HIDING, but we want you all to be able to enjoy it, so we’re giving up its secret now! Check out Disney’s Magic Cookie Bar and learn where you can find this super tasty dessert.
OK, here we go! To get the Magic Cookie Bar, you’ll need to head to Roaring Fork in Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. If you’re not staying at that hotel, you probably wouldn’t normally make the trek. But we’re telling you now — this cookie is WORTH IT.
We have to be honest — we eat SO MUCH in Disney World that it’s hard to completely finish everything. To-go containers are our very best friend. But this? THIS is one thing we can absolutely eat in its entirety. It’s THAT good.
First off, it’s big. It may not look that big in the picture, but this is a super-rich bar, chock-full of deliciousness.
Unwrapped, you start to get a sense of just what went into this. There’s a ton of flavor going on here, with chocolate and butterscotch chips, condensed milk, coconuts, and nuts.
And to put it over the top, the whole thing is built on a foundation of brown sugary-tasting graham cracker crumb crust. Hugely moist and rich.
It’s so big that you could share it. But trust us — you probably won’t want to.
We try a ton of treats in Disney World, but the magic cookie bar — with its decadent deliciousness — definitely stands head and shoulders above the competition!
And if the pics look so good that you must have one of these right now — you’re in luck! Because we happen to have a recipe that’s guaranteed to bring the flavors right to your own kitchen. (Pssst…we hear that some folks call these Seven Layer Bars. Whatever you call them…they’re a keeper!)
Magic Cookie Bars Recipe
makes 24 bars
- Pan Spray
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 6 ounces butterscotch chips
- 1 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup pecan halves, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly spray the bottom of a 13×9 inch pan.
3. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of the pan; combine with melted butter and pat into the pan to form a crust.
4. Cover crust with chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and coconut.
5. Drizzle entire contents of sweetened condensed milk over pan, covering completely.
6. Sprinkle nuts evenly over contents.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely; cut into 24 squares.
Keep following DFB for more Disney treat reviews and recipes!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Will you be making Magic Cookie Bars or seeking them out the next time you’re at Wilderness Lodge? Let us know below!