With a name like cookie fries, this Disney recipe sells itself!
In recent years, Walt Disney World has added more plant-based options than ever before. From savory choices, like the Chickpea and Quinoa Croquettes spotted at Olivia’s Cafe, to sweet treats like this Vegan Blackberry Cupcake we found at Sunshine Seasons, we love seeing these new menu options pop up!
Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Disney’s Beach Club Resort has recently added several new plant-based options to their menu as well. And one of those options is, you guessed it, plant-based cookie fries!
These are similar to biscotti and are served with marshmallow, chocolate, and strawberry dipping sauces. Don’t forget to buy your own favorite dipping sauces when you whip up a batch of cookie fries at home!
2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon plant-based margarine, softened
7 tablespoons warm water
5 tablespoons liquid egg substitute
1 tablespoon molasses
1/2 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Combine flour, powdered sugar, and plant-based margarine in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- In small bowl, combine warm water and egg substitute. Add egg substitute and molasses to mixer. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place in an 8×8-inch pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cut into 32 strips that are 1/4-inch wide and 4 inches long. Place 16 strips on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until crunchy.
- Serve with your (plant-based) dipping sauces of choice!
Will you be giving this plant-based recipe a try? Let us know in the comments!