Although Disney World began a phased reopening with Disney Springs, Disneyland still hasn’t released a statement about when it plans to start reopening the Downtown Disney or the parks.
While there are currently no reservations available at Disneyland Resort until July 1st, Disneyland may be one small step closer to its own phased reopening plans with California’s recent announcement.
This will allow for “in-person dining reservations, retail shopping with social distancing and curbside pickup, manufacturing, offices when telework isn’t possible, outdoor museums, and other limited services.”
Orange County Vice President, Andrew Do, stated that they will “ensure that [reopening is] done in a safe manner” with “proper guidance, documentation, and safety precautions” to make sure that everyone is kept safe.
The Health Care Agency has also set up guidelines for businesses to reopen, detailing that locations should:
- Perform a detailed risk assessment and implement a site-specific protection plan.
- Train employees on how to limit the spread of COVID-19, including how to screen themselves for symptoms and stay home if they have them.
- Implement individual control measures and screenings.
- Implement disinfecting protocols.
- Implement physical distancing guidelines.
You can take a look at Orange County’s full announcement here.
Although there is no news on Downtown Disney’s reopening currently, we will continue to keep you updated! Until then, you can check out what a partially reopened Disney World looks like here!
What will you be doing first when Downtown Disney reopens? Let us know in the comments below!