Put on your cowboy boots (but, like, not really because it’s Florida and it is HOT!!) and settle in while we tell a tale of our time in the Wild West! Pecos Bill’s (as it’s more commonly known) is nestled in the heart of Frontierland and has long been a fan-favorite quick service dining location at Magic Kingdom park.
After carefully selecting our lunch, we placed a mobile order and prepared to chow down some vittles… and wondered how much things have changed!
As a result of the global health crisis, social distancing is now the name of the game ev-er-y-where in Disney World and Pecos Bill’s is no exception.
Good news , thought — we recently shared that Pecos Bill debuted a new indoor waiting area for guests using Mobile Order. This way, rather than standing outside under the Florida sun, you can just step inside and stand on one of the blue dots in the sweet, sweet air conditioning. Not a bad idea!
Soon after arriving on our dot to wait for our order, it was brought out to us.
Speaking of Mobile Order, it’s the preferred method of ordering in Disney World right now. Cast Members are stationed at entrances to quick service locations encouraging guests to place their orders on their phones via Mobile Order. This way, guests can view the menus, select and customize their meals, pay, and then have their meal prepared once they’re at the location.
Guests CAN still order in person in the restaurants and can still pay with cash, but Cast Members are recommending only guests needing special assistance with their orders or paying cash order in person.
In a further attempt to encourage social distancing, guests are restricted to dining at certain tables only.
These signs have been placed on tables that should remain empty, making it super easy for guests to choose where to sit.
After making our way to our seats, we were STARVED! And ready to dig in!
Like many Disney fans, we’ve eaten at Pecos Bill’s quite a few times before, so we know what to expect. The bill of fare here is predominately Mexican cuisine with a couple burgers tossed in for good measure.
This time we ordered the Chicken Rice Bowl for $11.99.
This meal comes with yellow rice, seasoned chicken, and black beans. Our fav part of the dish was the fajita-style grilled chicken and veggies on top! Yum!
On Mobile Order we customized our meal to include lettuce and tomatoes (since their fabulous self-serve toppings bar is currently unavailable!). It’s important to note that when Pecos Bill first reopened, the tomato was sliced (like a thick slice you’d typically find on a burger), not diced. We MUCH prefer it this way!! 🙂
We like food options like this because it’s different than a lot of standard theme park fare…but that doesn’t mean we’re skimping on the sour cream!! We added this cup of yum on Mobile Order as well.
And what fajita bowl is complete without a side of salsa??
The food was delicious and surprisingly hearty for such an unassuming bowl. We were pleasantly full when we finished (which is not always the case with a quick service dish).
Nosh or Not
Why you should stop by and say “howdy”:
- One word: convenience! Mobile Order makes dining here a breeze! Plus, the proximity to both Adventureland and Frontierland makes this an easy spot to swing by during your day in Magic Kingdom.
- You want a quick meal you can get and GO! We were in and out fairly quickly (without feeling rushed). That’s super important if you have a long list of rides to get to.
- You’re looking for something a bit different from standard burgers and hot dogs. The food here is usually pretty tasty. We enjoyed our meal and weren’t left with any food envy. That’s #lunchgoals.
Just scamper on by if:
- You don’t want to make the trek across the park to Frontierland. In Tomorrowland? Consider Cosmic Ray’s instead (unless you’re looking to get your daily steps in!).
- You’re in the mood to be waited on by a server. If you’re looking for a long, leisurely meal, try one of the many table service restaurants throughout the park.
- You’re not in the mood for Mexican food. Quick service options are more limited right now than they were before the closures, but you can still find chicken nuggs and other familiar kid-friendly favorites around the park.
On the whole, we had a great dining experience! We’re glad to see that they worked some of the initial kinks out since we visited during the first days of reopening. We got our food quickly and it was fresh and tasty (bonus points for CHOPPED tomatoes!). Mobile Order offers a fast and easy way to order and pay for our food while social distancing and we love that we can wait for our food inside now. We wouldn’t necessarily recommend traveling the length of the park if all you want is a quick bite to eat. That is, of course, unless you’ve just gotta have some nachos…in that case, you do you!
Will you be rustlin’ up some grub at Pecos Bill any time soon? Hit the comment section below and tell us what you think.