Now you can enjoy one of the signature desserts from Topolino’s in your own home, with this recipe for the Warm Chocolate Cake with Molten Raspberry-Caramel Center!
We absolutely loved trying this dessert for ourselves at Topolino’s and we are so excited to be able to share the recipe with you!
For the Raspberry Caramel Center, you will need:
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup chopped milk chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the Chocolate Cake, you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cups chopped dark chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 6 egg yolks
First, make the Raspberry Caramel Center.
- Purée raspberries in a food processor until smooth.
- Melt the chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl on 50% power. Stop and stir every 30 seconds until melted.
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan. Bring it to a boil over medium heat and cook until golden brown (this is now your caramel).
- Remove the caramel from the heat and whisk in the heavy cream and puréed raspberries.
- Pour the caramel over the melted chocolate and stir with spatula. Add butter and salt; stir until mixed.
Now that you’ve finished your Raspberry Caramel Center, you can set it aside.
Next, make the Chocolate Cake!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift the powdered sugar, all-purpose flour, and salt into a small bowl.
- Melt the butter and chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl on 50% power. Stop and stir every 30 seconds until melted.
- Whisk the eggs and egg yolk in a medium bowl and add to the chocolate mixture.
- Add in the sifted powdered sugar mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Grease 1/2 cup muffin tins or aluminum baking cups with unsalted butter.
- Add 1/4 cup of the cake batter into each tin. Top with 1 tablespoon of the raspberry caramel, and then another 1/4 cup of chocolate cake batter.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, until the edges are baked but the center is still soft. Rest for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
This recipe makes 12 servings of the cakes. Happy baking!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Have you been able to try this dessert at Topolino’s? Tell us what you thought about it in the comments!