As our FAVORITE silly old bear says, “What could be more important than a little something to eat?”
Satisfy your sweet tooth by making a super cute and YUMMY Winnie the Pooh cake at home!
This Winnie the Pooh cake inspired by the film Christopher Robin looks SO SWEET! Here’s how you can make it at home.
- Your fave cake recipe
- Two small round cake pans
- White frosting
- Yellow food dye
- Multicolored sprinkles
- Black and brown decoration icing
- Wax paper
- Preheat the oven and prepare the cake batter according to your fave cake recipe. Pour the batter into two greased, round cake pans. Bake according to directions.
- While the cakes are in the oven, sketch out a simple Winnie the Pooh face outline on the wax paper and cut it out. The face should be about two inches smaller than your cake pans.
- Remove cakes from the oven and let cool completely. Once they’re cool, remove the cakes from the pans and place on a flat surface.
- Use a bread knife to remove the rounded tops from the cakes so they’re flat on top.
- Place the first layer on your cake stand and frost the top. Place the second layer on top and apply frosting all over to create a crumb coat. Place cakes in the fridge for a few minutes to help keep the frosting firm.
- Mix one or two drops of yellow food dye into the rest of your white frosting. Add more yellow food dye as needed to achieve the perfect Pooh Bear yellow. Generously frost on top of the white crumb coat.
- Place the wax paper Winnie the Pooh template on top of the cake and press lightly to smooth out.
- Using a spoon, distribute the sprinkles over the cake, concentrating especially around the edges. Dust off extra sprinkles from the wax paper, then very carefully remove the template using the tweezers. Smooth out any frosting that might’ve budged with a spoon or knife.
- Use brown icing to pipe on Pooh’s nose, then use black icing to pipe his mouth and eyes.
- Voila! Enjoy your super cute Winnie the Pooh-inspired sprinkle cake!
This Pooh-riffic cake looks like it would make for the PERFECT family weekend project. We can’t wait to try it out!
Have you tried the Winnie the Pooh cake recipe yet? Tell us about it in the comments!