Disney and Pixar’s newest film, Soul, released on Disney+ on December 25th.
In the movie, Joe and his mentee, 22, don’t indulge in too much besides pizza, but we’re guessing that 22 would have gotten just as excited about this smoothie as she did the slice of pizza. And luckily, piano skills aren’t required to make this Soul-inspired recipe!
This smoothie is low-fat, low-sodium, vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free, making it a quick and easy snack for the family.
Here’s how you make it!
Makes about 5 cups
- 2 ripe DOLE® Bananas, peeled, cut crosswise into thirds and frozen
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup chopped DOLE® Pineapple, frozen
- ½ cup DOLE® Baby Spinach
- ½ cup DOLE® Blueberries, frozen
- ⅓ cup DOLE® Blackberries plus additional for garnish (optional)
- ¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
Purée all ingredients in a blender on high until smooth; serve garnished with blueberries and mint, if desired.
For an even sweeter and thicker smoothie, peel and freeze ripe bananas to use for this smoothie! If you choose to make it, we hope you enjoy this recipe, and maybe you can make it for the next time you watch Soul!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Will you be trying this fruity smoothie? Let us know in the comments!