The winter months are upon us! It’s Olaf’s time to shine!
We’ve found four frozen beverage recipes from Summertime Freeze at Disney’s Castaway Cay (the private island for Disney Cruise Line guests) for you to fulfill your fantasies of summer during these chilly months.
Step aside warm beverages! This winter we are bringing you some of Olaf’s favorite frozen treats!
If you wish you were on a Disney cruise right now, you aren’t alone, but hopefully these recipes will make you feel like you’re sitting on the beaches of Castaway Cay! All recipes make one drink each.
The first beverage on the list is called Warm Hugs! Who wouldn’t want to give Olaf a warm hug?
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 4 strawberries
- 1.5 oz. coconut cream
- 4.5 oz. chilled mocha beverage
– Blend ingredients and top with whipped cream, fresh strawberries and chocolate syrup.
Sven’s Carrot Delight
Next up we have Sven’s Carrot Delight! Be careful with this one, we hear it may attract reindeer?
- 3 oz. carrot juice
- 3 oz. vanilla-flavored powdered drink mix or vanilla ice cream
- 1.5 oz. coconut cream
- .75 oz passion fruit juice
- .75 oz orange juice
- .75 oz guava juice
– Blend all ingredients with ice and enjoy!
Worth Melting For
The third drink is called Worth Melting For, and we’d happily freeze to have it in the wintertime! It may look wintery, but it’s full of tropical flavor.
- 2 pieces fresh passion fruit
- 6 oz. pina colada mix
- 1 oz. blue curaçao syrup
– Blend passion fruit with piña colada mix and ice.
– Layer bottom of glass with a half ounce blue curaçao syrup.
– Pour drink and drizzle a half ounce blue curaçao syrup.
Last but certainly not least we have the Frozen Heart! This one is full of fruity flavor.
Check out the ingredients!
- 5 oz. frozen tropical juice
- 1 oz. coconut water
- .5 oz blue curaçao syrup
- .5 oz. passion fruit juice
- .5 oz orange juice
- .5 oz. guava juice
– Blend frozen tropical juice and coconut water.
– Layer bottom of glass with blue curaçao syrup
– Pour blended drink and add passion fruit, orange and guava juices.
– Stir to mix.
While we may not be able to travel as easily as usual this winter, these recipes are sure to make you feel like you’re at a tropical destination! Stay tuned to DFB and we’ll continue to bring you Disney recipes.
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Will you be trying out these recipes? Let us know in the comments!