Valentine’s Day is less than two weeks away, if you can even believe it!
And there are LOADS of ways to celebrate with your family, like giving them a Disney Valentine’s Day gift, perhaps?!
But our favorite way to celebrate Valentine’s Day (OK, or ANY day!) is, of course, with FOOD. And if you can’t make it to Walt Disney World this February for a sweet treat, you can bring the loving magic home by making Valentine’s Day Mickey Waffle Pops courtesy of the folks over at Disney Family!
Disney Family shared this super sweet and festive recipe, perfect for Valentine’s Day brunch! (The holiday is on a Sunday this year, by the way!) Here’s how to make them!
- Mickey waffle maker
- 1 package white cake mix
- Red and pink food coloring
- Heart-shaped sprinkles
- White chocolate, melted
- Popsicle sticks
- Make cake batter using the instructions on the box.
- Preheat your Mickey waffle maker and spray with baking oil.
- Divide cake batter into three bowls. Dye one bowl of batter pink, one red, and leave one plain.
- Pour 1/4 cup of plain batter into a new bowl, then add 1 tablespoon of red batter and 1 tablespoon of pink batter. LIGHTLY swirl together with a toothpick to create a marble effect.
- Pour marbled cake batter into waffle maker and cook for about 3 minutes, or until it starts steaming. Then remove waffles and let cool.
- Place popsicle sticks onto the backs of your Mickey waffles and pour melted white chocolate over the sticks.
- Place Mickey Waffle Pops into the fridge. Once chocolate has hardened (about 5 minutes), remove
- Dip them back into melted white chocolate. Then cover in sprinkles and pearl dust. Enjoy!
We’re DREAMING of breakfast now, especially because everything taste better when it’s Mickey-shaped! As Disney shares more recipes, we’ll be sure to let you know!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Do you own a Mickey waffle maker? Let us know in the comments!