We’ve had a busy week at Disney World!
We’re still seriously hyped up about all the huge announcements surrounding Disney World’s massive 50th anniversary celebration. We’re also wondering what some new construction permits for the theaters at Hollywood Studios might mean. And we’re freaking out over the mermaid unicorns we found at EPCOT — hey, don’t judge us!
But as always, we’re also keeping track of all the restaurant menu updates and changes throughout Disney World. Because someone’s gotta’ do it — we don’t want you going to your favorite Disney World restaurant only to find out that your absolute favorite thing there is gone! And we want you to know about all the new food, too!
So let’s get started!
Okay, so this is one of our favorite place in all of Disney World, because, well, DOLE WHIP. But we won’t lie, we’re in love with the coconut soft-serve ice cream in the Kakamora Float. We always dreamed of a day we could swirl that coconut soft-serve with the pineapple, and our day has finally arrived – you can now get a Coconut Pineapple Dole Whip Swirl.
And it is DELISH! It even distracted us from the fact that someone had abandoned several Dole Whips on top of a trash can while we were there — WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING? Anyway, this new swirl may replace our love for the regular Dole Whip, and yes, it really is that good.
Le Cellier, in the Canada Pavilion, is one of those hidden gems in EPCOT. It’s MORE than a steakhouse, and honestly, we could just eat that Cheddar Cheese Soup ALL DAY LONG. And don’t worry — that cheesy soup goodness is still on the menu (we would have major anxiety if it disappeared). But there have been a few other changes:
- The Artisan Cheese Plate has changed to Artisan Cheese and Charcuterie Plate – Selection of House-made Charcuterie paired with Artisanal Canadian and French Cheeses with Seasonal Accompaniments – price increased from $19 to $21
- Seasonal Salad has changed from Baby Lettuce, Pink Lady Apples, Sweet Apple Cider Vinaigrette, Candied Walnuts, Phyllo Crisp, and Dehydrated Apple Chip to Local Greens, Plant City Strawberries, Sweet Apple Cider Vinaigrette, Candied Walnuts, Phyllo Crisp (Plant-based) for $15
- NEW: Slow-cooked Veal Osso Buco – Braised Veal Shank, White Bean Cassoulet with Bacon and Pulled Duck, Roasted Seasonal Vegetables, Gremolata for $49
Oasis Sips and Sweets
There’s a brand new cart set up in The Brass Bazaar in the Morocco Pavilion — it’s an extension of Oasis Sips and Sweets. The menu features Mediterranean-inspired snacks and sangria. And get this — most of the stuff here is actually pretty healthy, too. But there’s a catch — it’s also a little pricey.
We tried a few snacks from there, though, along with the $20 Shareable Sangria (!!!) and although we felt the whole “meal” was a little expensive, we still found everything tasty. But we also think there are WAY cheaper options elsewhere if you’re looking for healthy food at Disney World.
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Let’s head over to Roaring Fork at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. There’s a BRAND NEW entree on the menu there. You can now get Western Chicken Strips served with French Fries and Apple-BBQ Sauce for $10.99. We’re guessing this is one of those things that could please the pickiest of eaters!
Looking for some nutritious options for your kids that they might want to eat? Well, there are two new Kids Check Meals available, too:
- Wilderness Salad – Chilled Chicken Breast on Mixed Greens tossed with Apple Slices, Focaccia Croutons, and Shredded Cheddar served with Apple Vinaigrette, Dannon Danimals Smoothie, and Grapes with choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small DASANI Bottled Water for $7.19
- Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla – Whole-Wheat Tortilla, Grilled Chicken Breast, Cheddar, and Salsa served with Dannon Danimals Smoothie, Grapes, and choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small DASANI Bottled Water for $6.99
Come to think of it, we would also eat those things! But it’s always a good bet to have options for kids that don’t involve hotdogs and chicken nuggets (not that we have anything against chicky nuggies).
What’s New at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness Resort: A Fruity Cupcake, Activities, and MORE!
Okay, yeah, we usually go to Boardwalk Bakery to get some yummy cupcakes, pastries, and other baked goods. Mostly, we just get sweets, because that’s how we roll. But we totally changed things up this week and grabbed the new Tomato Mozzarella Salad that just got added there.
And honestly? It was pretty good! It’s got yellow and red grape tomatoes, along with fresh mozzarella — because you know we’re going to eat cheese in everything. It’s topped with a basil olive oil dressing. We ate healthy at a bakery and liked it — yeah, we’re shocked, too! Even better? It’s an affordable option at just $4.49.
Those are all the updates we have for this week, but you know we’re keeping an eye on menus and mobile order and everything else food-related, so we’ll let you know what changes we discover in the future. In the meantime, we’re going to just keep eating all the things!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
What’s the last thing you ate at Disney World? Was it good, bad, or somewhere in between? We’d love to hear about it in the comments!