Tater Tot Nachos = TOTCHOS! Maybe you’ve whipped up a batch of Totchos in your own kitchen thanks to this Disney Recipe to satisfy your cravings for this popular dish from Woody’s Lunch Box in Toy Story Land.
Well, we’ve got a NEW Totchos recipe for you today, and this one is for Totchos… with a TWIST! We recently enjoyed the tasty St. Patrick’s Day Reuben Totchos at Restaurantosaurus in Disney’s Animal Kingdom (as one of MANY St. Paddy’s Day treats in Disney World), and now Disney has shared the recipe for this corned beef-topped version, too!
So grab the family (and, of course, gather the ingredients) and prepare your very own Reuben Totchos FEAST this week!
St. Patrick’s Day Reuben Totchos
Ingredients (for 4-6 servings)
- 2 slices marble rye bread
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 1 (2 pound) package frozen potato barrels
- 1 (15 ounce) jar cheddar cheese sauce
- 2 cups canned or bagged sauerkraut
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 pound sliced top round corned beef
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut marble rye bread into 1/4-inch cubes. Place on baking sheet and cook for 5-7 minutes, until toasted. Set aside.
- Combine Thousand Island dressing and whole grain mustard in small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cook frozen potato barrels according to package directions and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Heat cheddar cheese sauce in small saucepan over medium-low heat, until warm. Keep warm.
- Heat sauerkraut in medium saucepan over medium heat for 8 minutes, until warm. Remove from heat and cool for 3 minutes. If needed, drain any excess liquid. Stir in shredded green cabbage. Set aside.
- Slice corned beef into thin strips. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, until hot. Add corned beef and sauté for 3 minutes, until corned beef is warm and edges begin to crisp.
- Place potato barrels on large serving dish and cover with warm cheddar cheese sauce. Top with warm corned beef and sauerkraut. Drizzle with Thousand Island dressing. Top with toasted rye bread and sliced green onions.
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Will you be making this twist on Totchos? Please let us know with a comment!