It’s the spookiest time of the year; Halloween is just around the corner and it’s time to get out those Jack-o-Lanterns!
Recently, we found a new tutorial to make runDisney Jack-o-Lanterns!
Recently, runDisney released a tutorial to create two exercise-inspired Jack-o-Lanterns, one with the runDisney logo and another with a running shoe! Let’s take a look at how to make these spooky pumpkins.
What You’ll Need
How To Make
- Download and print your favorite pumpkin carving design template- we have two fun runDisney inspired options for you to choose from, a Running Mickey Mouse or a running shoe.
- Next tape your template to your pumpkin in the area you want it to go.
- Score the design into the skin of the pumpkin by poking holes through the template with a plastic poking tool, available in most carving kits.
- Carve by starting at the center of the design, working outward – this avoids putting pressure on areas already carved. Begin with the innermost and smallest details. As each shape loosens up, gently push it out of the pumpkin with a finger or a dull pencil point.
- Pumpkin Pro Tip: If you cut something you didn’t intend to, perform a pumpkin surgery: stick a toothpick through the flesh side of the piece and fit it back into place.
- Lastly, put your new jack-o’-lantern in a place of honor (away from flammables), and remember to blow out all candles before you go to sleep.
We hope you enjoy these DIY decorations! We’re always keeping up with the latest Disney news, so stay tuned here for more!
What do you think about these pumpkins? Let us know in the comments!