Here at DFB, we’ve shared hundreds of recipes inspired by Disney parks and movies!
In the past, we’ve shared recipes for pasta, salads, sweet desserts, and everything in between. And today, we’ve got a new recipe for you inspired by Pixar’s Soul!
Joe from Pixar’s Soul considered pizza to be one of many joys in life, and what better way to spark some joy into your life by hand-making a fresh pepperoni pizza for tonight’s dinner?
Pixar shared their Soul-inspired pizza recipe on Instagram! This 30-minute recipe is perfect for a quick, but fun, family meal or for a last-minute date night dinner. Here’s what you need to buy and do to make this yummy meal:
- Pizza Dough
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Pepperoni slices
- Pizza Sauce
- Fresh basil leaves
- Kitchen scissors
- Small paring knife
- Prepare and preheat the oven according to pizza dough package instructions.
- Knead and roll out pizza dough to about ½ inch in a circular shape. Pixar recommends, “If you’re feeling brave, try your hand at hand-tossing it!”
- Pour pizza sauce into the center of the pizza dough and spread evenly, leaving about an inch of space for the crust.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Place the pepperoni slices.
- Place basil leaves on top.
- Bake the pizza until the crust is golden brown, about 10-15 minutes. The crust should be thick and crispy along the edge, but thick and soft under the toppings for folding potential.
- Let cool, cut into wide slices, and enjoy!
And that’s it! If you’re not a pepperoni fan like Joe is, replace it with any topping or keep it plain.
We think this pizza would pair perfectly with a movie night watching Pixar’s Soul or the new Pixar movie, Turning Red, coming out March 11th on Disney+! Stay tuned to DFB for more Disney recipes that you can try at home.
Click here to see MORE Disney/Pixar recipes!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
WE KNOW DISNEY.
YOU CAN, TOO.
Oh boy, planning a Disney trip can be quite the adventure, and we totally get it! But fear not, dear friends, we compiled EVERYTHING you need (and the things to avoid!) to plan the ULTIMATE Disney vacation.
Whether you're a rookie or a seasoned pro, our insider tips and tricks will have you exploring the parks like never before. So come along with us, and get planning your most magical vacation ever!
Save 25% on the 2023 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining with code WDW2023.
Are you going to try this recipe at home? Tell us in the comments!
Jose Arce says
No dough?..NO PIZZA!