But since we can’t travel there ourselves right now, we’re going to try this recipe from Luca director Enrico Casarosa for Trenette al Pesto!
The recipe for this traditional Ligurian dish, makes enough servings for four people and Enrico even provided step-by-step illustrated instructions!
The first step is to work on the sauce by combining the garlic, basil, and olive oil.
Now for the cheeses and a little crunch from the pine nuts!
With the pesto ready to go, we can focus on the pasta, green beans, and potato.
The secret to the perfect pasta sauce is in the water — who knew?
And now we’re ready to mix it all together and enjoy!
- 500 g Trenette (or pasta of your choice)
- 100 g Green Beans cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large yellow potato cut into 1-inch cubes
- 45 leaves (50 g) of Basil Genovese (round leaves)
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- A pinch of Coarse Salt
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmigiano
- 2 Tbsp grated Pecorino
- A handful (30 g) of Pine Nuts
- 100 mL Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Crush the basil and garlic with a pinch of coarse salt (with a mortar and pestle if you want to be traditional, or a food processor if you don’t have one!) slowing adding oil as you go.
- Add the pine nuts, grated parmigiano, and grated pecorino to the mixture and continue drizzling in the oil until you achieve the consistency of thick cream.
- Boil water for the pasta, adding salt once it reaches a boil.
- Add pasta, green beans, and potato to boiling water.
- Once pasta is al dente — not overly soft and still has some texture — remove from heat and drain (reserve a cup of the pasta water!).
- Place pesto into a large serving bowl and add a few spoonfuls of the reserved pasta water.
- Pour pasta, green beans, and potato into the bowl with the pesto, mix, and enjoy!
This illustrated recipe is equal parts adorable and delicious, and we can’t wait to try it!
Ready to serve up your pasta? Perhaps you want to keep that Disney theme going? Then you could grab these Disney Parks Nesting Bowls from Jerrod Maruyama online for $34.99.
Or you could add some more fun to your kitchen with items inspired by Luca by grabbing this Serving Paddle for $59.99…
…or one of the Luca mugs that are available (and can be customized) online!
Ready to cook up more Disney-inspired meals? Check out our video below about the 12 easiest Disney recipes to make at home!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Have you tried this recipe? Let us know what you think of it in the comments!