Just a few days ago we noticed that construction was already underway on the giant gingerbread house at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa!
This famous holiday decoration is located in the Grand Floridian’s lobby and it’s life-size, made with REAL gingerbread! Best of all, once it’s officially done you can also purchase a variety of holiday treats nearby. We’ve seen the construction progress from the main structure to the addition of the individual shingles to the beginning of the gingerbread covering, and now it’s time to pull out your calendar because we have the official opening date for this iconic holiday display!
Beginning on November 9th, 2022, the gingerbread house will be complete and you can once again catch those clouds of cinnamon coming out of the chimney. We can’t wait!
The house is made from a classic Austrian recipe, and among all the details you can see hand-painted candy canes, white chocolate, edible snowflakes, sugar poinsettias, 25 hidden Mickeys, an 85-pound chocolate Santa, nutcrackers, toy soldiers, and snowmen! And since it’s still Disney World’s 50th anniversary celebration, the gingerbread house will again feature EARidescent colors and accents.
Available for purchase will be mugs, ornaments, limited edition pins, treats, and more. Choose from the following eats beginning November 9th:
- Freshly baked, homemade items such as Gingerbread Mickeys and Shingles, Stollen Bread, Brownie Christmas Tree, and Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- House-made Gingerbread Ornaments and Gingerbread Houses
- New items like the Gingerbread Latte Whoopie Pie and Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Assorted Gingerbread Cookie Bags, Marshmallow Pops, and Caramel Pecan Fudge Bar
- Gluten-friendly, plant-based, and no-sugar-added treats
- Grand Floridian Combo Box featuring assorted fan-favorite treats, including the Chocolate Mickey Ornament, exclusive to the Combo Box
So make sure you head to Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort on or after November 9th, and you might also want to check out the life-size carousel found at Disney’s Beach Club!
Keep following DFB for more Disney World holiday news!
Have you ever seen the Grand Floridian gingerbread house? Tell us in the comments!