Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Sandwich

Now, you know I don’t post on Saturdays if I can help it, but I was much too much craving this little sandwich to not tell you all about it.

Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Sandwich

Graham crackers. Peanut Butter. Chocolate.

That’s really all you need to know, but I’ll expound.

This particular little sandwich was found at Pooh Corner in Disneyland, which really is the heart of all things sweet and wonderful in Critter Country. You can find them all over Disneyland, though; so pop into any candy shop. Sadly these have been discontinued in Disney World, where you can only find the s’mores version now.

Pooh Corner in Critter Country

Basically, you start with a graham cracker, pile half an inch of peanut butter on top (the good, sugary, stand-up-on-its-own kind of peanut butter, too — not that creamy stuff you put on toast and celery), then smother the whole thing in a ton of milk chocolate. Wondering why it’s called a sandwich when there isn’t a second graham cracker? Me, too. But I didn’t see one in the photo. Do you?

Peanut Butter Sandwich Cross Section

Anyway, I think we can all agree that We Love Pooh for this one, right?

Have a great weekend! See you tomorrow for the Disney Food Post Round-Up!

Comments

You have my mouth watering on a Saturday morning and it’s not even 7 a.m. yet. That sandwich has some of my favorite ingredients ever.

ohmygoodgracious!!!!! i’m in AWE over how good that ‘sandwich’ looks.

i want one right NOW for breakfast…which is unlikely since I’m in Ohio.

Where, oh, where can I find this beauty the next time I’m at WDW?

….OK…must stop typing now…I’m drooling on the keyboard….. :P (haha)

AJ, I totally drooling over this (as is my husband!). You didn’t tell us where to find it at WDW though! The torture!!!

4. Jacque says

They call it a sandwich so that we feel like we are covering a food group while devouring.

Brian — Me too!! I’d seen this around WDW, but never bought it. Finally thought it was about time when I was in DL! Delicious!

TraciLeigh — Hey you! I know, doesn’t it look delectable? Anything wrapped in a fluffy pillow of chocolate works for me, and if you add peanut butter — forget it! I’m there!

Heather — I think they work well together as well! :-) I was thinking, this is definitely something you could try to make at home…

Jacque — I know! Aren’t they smart!!

Aubrey, Rikki, and Gretchen — In WDW, I’ve seen these at the Confectionery and Villains in Vogue and the connecting sweet shop in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. They’re probably also at Goofy’s Candy Company… but don’t quote me on that.

6. Lynnette says

These are most delectable! They have become my “day after tradition” for my Disneyland trips. On my the way out of the park, I always stop at the Candy Palace on Main Street U.S.A. and pick up one of these little beauties. The next day, after I am home and wishing I was still at Disneyland, I pull this bit of confectionery goodness out and enjoy a bit more of Disneyland. They used to have two grahams inside but the last year or so they have become an “open-faced” sandwich with only one. Gotta say that this does not diminish its deliciousness. In addition to Pooh Corner, they also sell them at Marceline’s Confectionery at Downtown Disney. You must wonder how I can resist eating this treat when I buy it. Well, that’s where the toffee covered, chocolate dipped, Mickey-shaped pretzels come in…gotta have something to quench the temptation!

7. pam says

My kid LOVES those she eats 2 everytime we are there. You can also get them at the Candy Shop on Main Street in Disneyland .

Lynette — I love that idea! I think this would be a great (and jealousy-inducing) airplane snack, too…

Pam — I don’t know if I could stomach two! Maybe over a few days time :-) This thing was awesome.

Maybe the chocolate is the bread — that just surrounds it? Like a Hot Pocket sandwich. :) Or maybe it’s more of an open-face sandwich? (That’s what I would do with it — OPEN my FACE! hahaha.)

This would be great with a cup of coffee, I bet. If only there were a decent cup of coffee in Disneyland… Any recommendations for in-park coffee joints? Or do I need to buy a plane ticket, some park hoppers, and do some research? ;)

OMG that looks yummy. I have never seen these before but now I am going to be on the prowl for these yummy treats. Anything with chocolate is good for me .

Nate — I’d LOVE to be the beneficiary of your research! :-)

DBTN — Don’t they look great! I’m sorry I waited so long to try one!

Oh, wow. I have to try one of these! Thanks for sharing such delicious tips! And I am still upset that I couldn’t get to Starring Rolls for a cupcake last trip.

Amy — Well, it’s hard work, but I love it! ;-) I’m upset FOR you about the Starring Rolls thing. Next time…next time…

Matt — Awesome, right? Have you seen these at Sweet Spells or am I just delusional? Both my husband and I could have sworn we saw them.

14. Matt Hochberg says

I know I’ve seen similar looking chocolate bars at Sweet Spells, like the s’mores that are covered by chocolate and looks nearly identical to this.

Oh my goodness, that looks SO amazing. Wonder if we can try to figure out a way to replicate them?! Hmmm. . . . may have to tell TechyDad that we have a new project.

16. Fran S. (Disney says

These look yummy. Wonder if they have a dark chocolate version for my husband. Maybe they call it a sandwich because the peanut butter is sandwiched in between a graham cracker and chocolate.