First Look! Epcot’s New Karamell-Küche

Epcot’s Karamell-Küche (German for Caramel Kitchen) opened its doors today for the very first time! You’ll recall, this is the shop that is replacing the old Glas und Porzellan shop at the entrance to the Germany pavilion in Epcot’s World Showcase.

Filled with delicious smells of caramel corn and caramel apples, the golden-hued shop beckons those who enter to stare at the incredible treats behind glass counters. Luckily, they’re giving out samples of the caramel corn!

Glass Cases Filled With Treats Line the Shop

From caramel-covered, chocolate-drenched apples; chocolate-covered strawberries drizzled with caramel; incredible cupcakes piled high with frosting and caramel; and caramel corn as far as the eye can see, I challenge you to walk out of this shop without having given in to temptation!

Caramel Apples

Milk Chocolate covered caramel apples

Caramel Drizzeled Chocolate Cupcakes

Caramel Popcorn

Apple Pie Apple, Rocky Road Apple

Caramel Marshmallow Swirls

Vanilla Caramel Fudge

And I promise there’s more where those came from!!

We’ll be covering several of the items in specific posts later on, but I wanted to give you a quick taste of a few of our purchases!

Milk Chocolate and Caramel Covered Strawberry

Chocolate Caramel Fudge

Vanilla Caramel Cupcake

Let me know what you think when you try it out!

1. SharonC says

I have never wanted to lick the computer screen more in my entire life than I do at this very moment….

2. nahtazu says

Holy to the moley. I looooove caramel. I can’t believe I have to wait a whole year to be able to taste the caramel roll with marshmallow. LOL!!! Loving your tweets & blog posts from the F&W festival, AJ! Have a fun weekend!

3. Tanya from Australia says

Without these amazing pics I would not know what I am missing! My last trip to WDW was this time last year and since finding this website shortly after returning I realise how much stuff I missed in the food area. Thankyou so much for this daily “treat”!

Caramel…now you’re talking my candy language!

Caramel roll with marshmallow? I’m there.

Chocolate AND caramel covered strawberry? Heaven!

Yep, I’ve just found my favorite EPCOT store!!

12 more days…

Um.. I second what Sharon said.. Next year I might have to try for the Wine and Dine half marathon so I can eat all this stuff..

That chocolate/caramel covered strawberry made my husband literally get up and start dancing in our living room! Only a week until our trip, and today’s posts make me more excited than ever! You rock at food pictures.

Oh my….I know you’ve been mentioning this but this wasn’t what I expected. What a nice surprise to see two days before I head down. (If anyone wants to meet me, follow the trail of caramel drops :)

8. Claire says

jaw currently dropped open!!!………oh wow!!!! I don’t know how on earth I’m going to choose, I knew it was a caramel store but hadn’t realised it was werther’s, they are soo creamy.
    Great photos, thanks for sharing…and making me wish my trip wasn’t a whole 70 days away lol!

9. Mark D. says

I literally drooled looking at those pictures. I am not even exagerating, I really just drooled at work while checking this out.

10. Darlene H says

OMG! My mouth is watering. I LOVE caramel with chocolate apples. Cannot wait to give it a try…my next WDW adventure is planned for Jan.
    My family is going to love this place!

Wow… great pictures! I might be using all of my snack credits here during my November trip (and buying a few of those apples!).

Wow, those are some really great pictures!

The cupcake looks like it could give someone cardiac arrest though with all that sugar.

I just love the smell of the shops when they make Caramel popcorn, as it’s just so rich!

13. Alan says

This shop is a great idea. Now we won’t run out of sweets on the walk from the French pastry shop to the Norwegian pastry shop.

14. Mary says

The last day of our trip was the 2nd day for the Karamelle K. We used our remaining snack credits to get the vanilla caramel fudge, the pecan bar (HUGE) and the giant chocolate and caramel crisped rice bar (like a small brick-sized). Everything was fantastic. I thought the crisped rice might be hard, but it was soft, fresh and delicious! The caramel has a home-made taste. Wow! Many items were available for snack credit.

15. Joy says

Their caramel is amazing! My husband loves caramel apples so we had to try one of those even though it was $6 and did not count as a snack credit. It was worth every penny! Then we tried the caramel fudge to use a snack credit and it was so good we got another one the next day!

16. Tracie says

The best caramel corn I ever had was sold about 20 years ago near the Monterey Bay Aquarium in California. A little salty. A little buttery. Best when still a little warm. Could NOT stop eating it, even if I was stuffed.

We moved away from the area but how I looked forward to buying a big bag when I returned for a visit several years later. I was crushed to discover it was no longer being made/sold and have been on the hunt for a substitute since.

After reading this post, I’m eager to try some of the Karamell Kuche’s version.

17. carolyn says

HOW did I miss this post!?! Oh dear me, I am ready drooling!!! I love caramel! Got to get me some of that chocolate caramel fudge, or caramel popcorn, or cupcake… crud, give me ALL of it please!!! :)

18. Sandra says

Anyone with a recipe for the icing on the vanilla cupcake? I have never tasted icing with this exact taste or texture and don’t have any recipes even close.

19. vanessa says

How delicious was the cupcake? I’ve been eying that thing since I saw it, thing is, If I want to keep my weight off this March when I go, I gotta limit my snacks! I’ll be getting the caramel apple with nuts and my boyfriend the popcorn.

20. Miranda says

BEST CARAMEL POPCORN EVER! It is absolutely delicious, each piece is completely covered in ooey gooey caramel, and good caramel too. It was so yummy, but my teeth hurt a little afterwards. I hear there cupcakes are amazing also, i regretted not getting one, they looked so gooood, but the popcorn was really good. BY THE WAY, it counted as a snack on the Disney Dining Plan, just a tip :)

That has to be the most rewarding job in the world. “What do you do for a living?”
    “oh, I give out free caramel corn”.

22. Barbara says

You didn’t say whither or not they have Gluten free some of us can’t eat Gluten and we miss out on a lot of these amazing snakes!