Reader Recipe: La Cava del Tequila Avocado Margarita

You guys all know about my love affair with the Aguacate, aka the Avocado Margarita, at La Cava del Tequila in Epcot’s Mexico pavilion, right?

You remember when Rafael offered me the first sample of it back in 2009, and when I got my very own big giant version

Thanks, Rafael!

Thanks, Rafael!

Aguacate

Aguacate

Well, I’m not alone! There are others in the Avocado Margarita Club with me, and one of them recently emailed me with her own recipe for the drink! She’d emailed La Cava to get the recipe, but this was to no avail. Alas, she had to get industrious and make her own. Thanks to Ivis S. for creating and tweaking this recipe until it was just right!

Ingredients

Avocado Margarita
1/2 ripe Haas avocado
2 oz. white 100% agave Tequila
1 oz. Midori melon liquor
juice of one lime (about 1 oz.)
1 oz. Agave Syrup
Ice

Blend all ingredient in blender until very smooth and creamy. Serve in a salt-rimmed glass (Ivis bought the Hibiscus salt you see in the pic from La Cava del Tequila last year).

Avocado Margarita

Let us know in the comments section below if you’re going to try the recipe! I can’t wait to see how everything turns out!

1. Heather says:

I’ll give it a go at work tomorrow! (Provided there are avocados in the produce cooler) Of course I can’t actually drink it, but I can taste it! (And so can everyone else at work–I’ll give the verdict!)

Heather — YES! Our first experiment! Can’t wait to find out how it goes!

3. Pat says:

We have been making this recipe for almost a year now and tastes exactly like what you find at Epcot. One of the cast members, I believe his name was Pepe, was nice enough to write it down for us on a cocktail napkin and we tried it immediately. If anyone has the recipe for the cucumber margarita or the blood orange margarita that would be helpful to pass along!

4. My favorite margarita as well! :) Can’t wait to try it!

5. Alan says:

This is a great job by Ivis to re-construct a drink that is a little more complicated than the usual. I’ve done this with a few drinks, myself, but this was harder than most.

What concerns me is the times of the comment being posted. 1:08am, 1:59am, 4:09am. Are we up all night drinking or are AJ’s readers just real early birds?

Pat — Oh, great! That’s fantastic that you can vouch for the recipe! I’ll be sure to see if I can figure out the cucumber and blood orange versions!

Jenn — Yay! Let me know how it turns out (and take lots of pics, cause you’re so dang good at that!)

Alan — Great question! I know Heather posted her comment right after I posted the blog last night, so I responded before bed. Not sure what’s up with Pat, though! ;-) At least Jenn doesn’t start drinking until after 7am!

7. Jeni says:

We’ve had a recipe for that margarita along with other drinks over on our site. Nothing beats the Jalapeno margarita – still my favorite!

8. Pat says:

Just got back from EPCOT & had 2 of those delicious margarita’s. I met Pepe & was certain he said there was some kind of banana liquor in it? Certainly tasted like it did. Will try this soon. Thanks

9. Kelli Balewski says:

How can I get the hibiscus salt at home????

10. Crystal says:

This was my FAVORITE margarita- I tried it just b/c I had read about it here AJ!
    Thought you might like to see how to make the hibiscus salt.
    I also live in Mexico- & getting the hibiscus flowers- flor de jamaica is easy here!

11. Ivis Suarez says:

Just had to look for my own recipe on here!! LOL!!

Pat — I believe it!!

Kelli — Looks like Crystal helped us out on that one!

Crystal — Thanks!!

Ivis — Ba ha ha ha!! :-)

13. Stephanie says:

Thank you for posting this recipe! I had this margarita during our trip in October and have been craving it lately so I looked up the recipe and was directed to your blog. This is just as delicious as the drink I remember having at EPCOT!

14. Janis Turenne says:

Avacado margaritas! I can’t wait for an opportunity to try them on my teguila loving friends. I feel like I’m drinking a healthy drink loaded witht he omega’s of Avacodo’s and feeling the buzz of tequila. Epcott your’re the best!

15. Rena says:

Where can I get those glasses?