Disney World Margarita Gallery

This post was originally going to be a throwdown, but I had so many margaritas I wanted to share with you that it ended up being a curated gallery for heaven’s sake!

Also, I hope you guys are willing to share with me in the comments section your favorite margaritas (and maybe even your pictures of them to add to the gallery!).

Take a look through the reviews below and let me know what I’m missing! Let’s work together to make this comprehensive! :-)

Multiple Locations: Margarita Flight

Finally, if you just can’t make up your mind, head over to one of Disney World’s Mexican restaurants (they’re all run by the same company) and order a Margarita Flight! I’ve mentioned it a couple of times already here on DFB, but it’s really a great option if you’d like to try multiple different flavors.

Margarita Flight

As daily readers know, my favorites here are the Lime, Mango Blueberry, and Pineapple. Not so much with the veggies and the flowers. ;-)

You can get these at most of Disney’s Mexican food locations, including Maya Grill and Rix Lounge at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort and La Hacienda de San Angel in Epcot’s World Showcase.

If you’re very, very lucky, you can also get one in my favorite place in all of Disney World — La Cava del Tequila. They are only served on certain days here.

Paradiso 37: Twisted Margarita and Regular Margarita

Paradiso 37 in Downtown Disney offers this fabulous concoction that’s half frozen sangria and half frozen margarita. Yes please! They call it the Twisted Margarita…

Twisted Margarita -- half sangria half margarita

Their classic margarita is fantastic — and just about the farthest thing from watered down you can get. Boasted as their famous Souza margarita, the Paradiso 37 lived up to its accolades!

Paradiso 37 Margarita

High Octane Refreshments: Stoplight Margarita

Over in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, this little outdoor bar has quite a few offerings. Now I expected this Stoplight margarita to be the same high-alcohol, low-flavor type that we see at the Epcot Margarita kiosk (see below). But boy was I wrong!! After years of fiesta margaritas in Epcot, this was a breath of fresh air!

Mixer-mass-produced, yes — flavorless, no! I loved the mix of melon, strawberry, and lime flavors in this frozen drink. Kudos, High Octane Refreshments!

Stoplight Margarita

La Hacienda de San Angel: Orange Mango Fire Margarita

Margaritas are a specialty at La Hacienda de San Angel in Epcot, and you can’t go wrong with the classic margarita here.

But for something different, try the Orange Mango Fire. You’ll get your sweet-sour craving fix with the mixture of orange, mango, ginger, and lime flavors. It finishes with a kick courtesy of the tabasco sauce and “Tagin Chilli Powder” rim. Sweet, sour and spicy!

Orange Mango Fire Margarita

La Cava del Tequila: Avocado Margarita, Passion Fruit Margarita, Magic Blue Margarita, Cucumber Margarita, Jalepeno Margarita, Organic Skinny Lime Margarita

This concoction once known as the aguacate is found at La Cava del Tequila inside the Mexico Pavilion of Epcot.

The expert mixologists at this cozy bar create this margarita with a blend of El Mayor Blanco Tequila, Midori melon liquor, freshly peeled avocado mixed with fresh lime juice and agave nectar syrup. It is then served frozen with a hibiscus Himalayan salt rim. (My salt was wiped off, but you can still see a bit in the glass.)

For a blender mix, it was very smooth. Some small avocado pieces gave the beverage texture that was unexpected. Sour drink fans (like myself!) will enjoy the tartness. This is a refreshing winner and a fave of mine! (I can’t help but order it when I go to La Cava.) Here’s a recipe to try at home.

Avocado Margarita

La Cava mixes up this fruity blue ‘rita with the right amount of tang and not too much sweetness. I hate that I like the one with the light up ice cube in it. But I do.

Magic Blue margarita

If you skipped your last serving of veggies, you need to order either the Jalepeno or the Cucumber margaritas! While these both have very interesting flavors (and dedicated fans), I can’t shake the whole “this tastes like vegetables” thing. I hope that some of you leave comments refuting that statement! I wanna hear from those of you who love these!

Jalepeno Margarita

cucumber margarita

The Wild Passion Fruit margarita has much more going for it in my opinion. A smart tang along with fruit sweetness. But it has foam, which I just don’t understand.

Passion Fruit Margarita

The Organic Skinny Lime Margarita is the best “diet” margarita that I’ve ever tasted. No strange aftertaste. Give it a try!

Skinny Margarita at La Cava del Tequila

Epcot Margarita Stand: Strawberry or Midnight Blue Margarita

This frozen drink can be sipped on while touring World Showcase. It’s conveniently located at the outdoor Margarita kiosk in Epcot; you can see my review here. In this case, convenience and high alcohol content are more appreciated than taste. Much more appreciated.

Strawberry Margarita with Salt

Midnight Blue Margarita -- no salt by choice

Dawa Bar: African Margarita

Discover this drink at the Dawa Bar in the Animal Kingdom’s Harambe village. With liquor from Africa, it’s exotic with a hint of tangerine. You guys know my policy on this place — any journey to Africa should include a stop at the Dawa!

African Margarita

San Angel Inn: Blood Orange Margarita

This margarita served at San Angel Inn in Epcot’s Mexico is crafted by hand with a sweet-tart mix of blood orange juice and hibiscus syrup.

El Mayor premium white Tequila and orange liquor is topped with blood orange foam. Oh yeah, and the foam? Completely unnecessary. Compared to the similar margarita that I enjoyed at the Flying Fish Cafe this margarita didn’t take the highest marks, but it packed a tasty punch!

Blood Orange Margarita -- no salt by request

Standard Bar and Lounge Menu: Wild Berry Margarita

The Wave mixed up this margarita, which I highly recommend. This is one of the first drinks I ordered from the new standard Bar and Lounge Menu at Disney Parks and Resorts.

Wildberry Margarita From the WDW Lounge Standard Menu

Beech: Signature Margarita

Over at Hilton Bonnet Creek‘s Beech Pool Bar you can truly indulge in a margarita the size of your head.

The Signature Margarita here includes Partida Blanco Tequila, Hibiscus Syrup, Triple Sec, and Grand Marnier. It’s finished with some citrus and poured into a massive, use-two-hands-to-sip glass! Definitely the way to while away an afternoon by the pool, hmm? Plus — you’ve got all the flavor you’re looking for. (BTW, the name of this drink was recently changed; it was invented by Greg the bartender, so if you order a G-Rita they’ll know what you’re talking about.)

Signature Margarita

Sanaa: Mango Margarita

Ahh…sweet Sanaa! We love this little hideaway over in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge! On my last visit, I found this frozen Mango margarita on the cocktail list and knew I had to have it.

Startling sweet with just the slightest bit of tang, it’s definitely a winner! Sip this one — it’s extremely smooth. Indulge and enjoy.

Mango Margarita

Via Napoli: Italian Margarita

When Via Napoli opened in Epcot, I was thrilled to find this Italian margarita! It’s tart. It’s sweet. It’s seriously one of my faves at WDW! The mixologists have combined frozen limoncello and grappa for an absolutely divine drink! I wonder if I can get one to go…

Italian Margarita

Flying Fish: Blood Orange Margarita

Flying Fish is one of my favorite Disney World restaurants, so I was excited on my last visit to see a Blood Orange margarita! It didn’t disappoint, though I do wish it had been frozen. Would have been wonderful frozen. BUT, I digress — definitely one to try if you’re a fan of ‘ritas. Mine was gone in minutes.

Blood Orange Margarita

Boardwalk Joe’s: Frozen Grapefruit Margarita and Caramel Apple Margarita

Tart with a little sweetness, this Frozen Grapefruit Margarita tastes like frozen Ruby Red grapefruit juice.

Grapefruit Margarita

Boarwalk Joe’s offers seasonal beverages like this Caramel Apple margarita. It’s a sour apple with just a touch of caramel sweetness!

Caramel Apple Margarita

What Are Your Margarita Recommendations?

I’m hoping there are lots of margarita fans out there who will leave a comment below about your favorites!

Want more awesome information about Disney margaritas and other great drinks? We have a full Index of Bars and Lounges — with photos and reviews! — in our DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining e-Book! Get yours with a $4 discount for a limited time using code 2013!!! :-D

1. Sara says:

WOW that’s one intensive and impressive ‘rita gallery!!! And now you’re definitely making me want to try basically all of them!

Where is High Octane Refreshments in DHS? My first instinct is that it is on Sunset Blvd by TOT and RNR, but I don’t really know! Hahaha that stoplight margarita looks so fun! And I do seriously have to try that avocado margarita, I’ve been intrigued by it for too long!

2. dani says:

On my last trip in February I had a frozen margarita at Coronado’s pool bar, it was sooo good! It was red, white, and blue but I couldn’t tell you the flavors!

3. Heather says:

you had me at hello. Or really, at margarita.

It’s my favorite indulgence, and I do indulge when I have the chance, especially at WDW.

I have to say I do not care for any of the mixer-mass-produced margs – they are nothing better than a slurpee.

My favorite place to indulge in the World is La Cava del Tequila. It’s my own personal Cave of Wonders. I love that the bartenders will mix you up a sample if you are unsure which drink to order. I’ve sat and chatted over many a sample before deciding, on more than one occasion. First marg I ever tried here was the avocado – as soon as word came out about it being offered I knew it would be my first victim. Divine. Smooth, indulgent, unexpected and leaves you wanting more. It’s got a creamy quality – and I don’t know that I could actually consume more than one per sitting, it’s rather filling.

Of all the others I’ve tried, my other tied-for-favorite choice is the cucumber margarita. It is not at all “vegetably”, and it is incredibly refreshing. That one, I could drink by the gallon on a hot day. Or a cold day. Or a rainy day. Or a snowy day……

4. Kimberly says:

The Stoplight Margarita at High Octane is great!!! very yummy!

5. Kate says:

Oh my goodness this whole margarita gallery had my mouth watering!! I had the signature margarita at La Cava Del Tequila and it was incredible! I’m definitely making this a bucket list of Disney Margaritas and will try them all!

6. Jessica says:

I was just at La Cava del Tequila this past weekend, and tried the cucumber margarita. It was delicious!!! One of my new favorites for sure. I’ve had the African Margarita, Stoplight Margarita, the avocado and a handful of others, but the cucumber one was so refreshing. La Cava del Tequila is definitely worth a stop on your trip around the world. It’s a great place to relax (and cool off!) and have some chips & salsa and a margarita (or two)!

7. Christie says:

WOW! A fabulous list and review of margaritas in WDW! I personally love the Sunset Margarita at the Dawa Bar in Africa of AK. Its not on the menu, but its an old favorite- refreshing and sweet and tangy- all the things you want in a margarita :)

As for the Jalepeno Margarita from La Cava de Tequila, I loved the margarita itself, but was not a fan of the rim sugar. I left before asking what it was, but it was red and very intense- I wound up throwing out the margarita halfway through because the combo of the spice and sweet was making me cough too much. They do ask you the level of spice you want for your drink, however, and it is pretty cool watching them make them in front of you.

Thanks for the great hot spots- will be sure to try them out on our next trip!

8. Alan says:

Even if someone has no other reason to read the Disney Food Blog – the complete, comprehensive review above would still make this blog a must. Of course there are a couple of hundred reasons (the number of WDW restaurants and other places for munchies) to enjoy it.

I don’t usually drink margaritas but the twisted one with sangria is something I would like to try. It is obvious AJ loves the classic margarita at Paradiso 37 as she has squeezed it so hard she’s put a dent in the glass. ( Second photo )

9. Diane_N says:

I have to admit the jalapeno and cucumber varieties at La Cava are actually my two favorites… so much so that right after the first time I had them I had to go home and figure out how to make a cucumber-jalapeno margarita for myself. :)

Really, though, margaritas are one of those drinks that are pretty much good any time, any place. Thanks for the great summary! I’m going to have to try a few more of these sometime soon.

10. Jamie in Jax says:

I do believe we will be stopping by Paradiso 37 at some point on Passholder Day in July! Great review! :)

11. Georgia says:

Wow! Great selection and a bunch that I want to try!! I didn’t have very good luck when I was in WDW last time. I got a blood orange margarita at La Cava and it was the worst thing I have ever tasted! It didn’t taste of orange at all–all I could taste was tequila. If that is what I wanted I would have ordered a shot! LOL! Needless to say, I did not finish the drink.

12. JoAnn says:

I am so having the Italian Margarita when I have lunch at Via Napoli in November.

13. KimM says:

Wow! What an impressive collection! I can’t wait to try to Mango Margarita from Sanaa and the Stoplight Margarita at DHS. Thanks so much :)

14. Evan says:

I did enjoy the Orange Mango Fire margarita at La Cava. A very interesting kick.

15. Ryan says:

My favorite Margarita is a Daiquiri. If only there were a Cuba pavilion in Epcot :(

16. Theresa Sheingold says:

I love the fact you can get a margarita the size of your head!! Yes please!! Great info! I’m not a frozen margarita person, so I tend to keep it simple. But I have to admit I love the light up margarita also!

17. Gray says:

You do know the way to my heart, AJ. I want to try one of each. :-)

18. Scott2509 says:

The twisted at Paradiso 37 is a must, i have 5 or 6 twisted glasses in the kitchen cabinet from each trip down. Ready to add a few more. :D
    The Cucumber Margarita, i must admit, did not sound great when an old friend and die hard La Cava regular introduced me to it. I was pleasantly surprised. It is now my favorite on the menu and I recommend it to everyone that is making a trip to EPCOT. Here’s the recipe from La Cava to try at home, my friend the regular there, talked it out of them for me, :D:
    1.5 oz tequila, 1/2 oz Contreau, 1 oz fresh lime juice, 1/2 oz pineapple juice, 2 slices cucumber (english seedless), 2 basil leaves, 1/2 oz agave syrup. salted rim
    Muddle the cucumber and basil in the bottom of the shaker glass, add ice and remaining ingredients into the shaker, shake, and then pour into salted rimmed glass, enjoy :D

19. Nancy Hanson says:

These all sound so good! Can anyone please tell me how to make the frozen conga fruit punch and parisian cosmo slush? Thanks so much.

20. I’ll have one of each, please. :)

21. Jayme says:

I cannot believe I have never had a margarita..! I might just have to try one next time we’re visiting WDW.

22. Michelle says:

You forgot the Strawberry Margarita at Capt. Jacks… While the food may not be the best… those margaritas are lethal!!!

23. Karen G. says:

Okay, since no one else has mentionned it, I may have been in an alcohol-induced stupor, but I LOVED the prickly pear margarita at La Cava! Mangled margs at Paradiso are very yummy too, and you can get them to go!

Karen G. — I haven’t tried it! Will get on that on my next visit!

25. natasha says:

The jalepeno and cucumber margaritas are my absolute fav, I dont like overly sweet drinks. Gotta have both when I go to Epcot!!!

26. ShaeLee says:

What favors are in the flight? Can you pick which ones you want to taste? What does does La Cava offer the flight?

27. ShaeLee says:

Dang iPad….*flavors and *days

28. My wife and I are coming down to the Art of Animations nemo and cars suite in october of this year and you can bet your sweet you know what that I will be trying at least a half dozen of these margaritas. Also we were down long while back at the Pop Century and had one of there margaritas and it was very good, cantttttttt wait to get there, see you in early october.

29. Lori says:

Just had my first margarita last week. My husband, two best friends and I will be down for our first adult vacation in October! My friends love margaritas so i figured I’d have to start liking them too…. Can’t wait to try some of these!!!

30. Will says:

One of my favorite respites from the crowd and heat is lunch at Brown Derby, where I order a margarita flight. You receive three decently-sized drinks: lime, mango, and pomegranate. They are delicious and very refreshing paired with a nice mid-day meal.

31. Rena says:

Where can I get those glasses for the mango margarita?

32. Sally says:

I also want to know where the High Octane Refreshments stand is. I am guessing over by the Lights, Motors, Action show but now I must find it. My inlaws are fans of the Margarita Stand at Epcot and I am dying to convert them to some great flavored alternatives.

I am a Jalapeno margarita fan – I have one every time I go. I love the spicy flavor mixed with the cold drink. I guess it could be labeled veggie flavored, but I love the heat and the fresh taste. Last time I visited though, I skipped it and had the Horchow instead. It was spicy too (in a cinnamon way) but was like a frappe. The Italian Margarita is another monster hit for me. We have it in Tutto Gusto (and I think they will make you one to go). I like the non-frozen one and the frozen one you can get at the kiosk outside of Italy. So many good choices…makes me glad I am a passholder.

33. You didn’t mention what I consider the best Margarita on property….. Mama’s Margarita from Mama Melrose’s.

We always have to have a couple on every trip. We even have the recipe and make them at home.

Try one and let me know what you think.

34. Marie Lemmon says:

You forgot the Coffee Margarita at the margarita bar in Mexico

35. beth says:

is there anyplace I can find menue with prices and places to get the flights of margaritas
    they sound like a good way to try out the different kinds

36. Augdog9 says:

We enjoyed the Triple Yeti Blast Margarita at Up Country Beverages in Animal Kingdom. It is a frozen Mango, Lime and Strawberry layered margarita. Yummmm!

Beth — Margarita flights can be found on select days at Cava del Tequila, and regularly at Rix Lounge at Coronado. I’ve enjoyed both!

Augdog9 — LOVE that one!

38. Kathleen says:

I LOVE the Italian Margarita at Via Napoli, and yes, you CAN get it to go! The kiosk right outside “Italy” also sells them (frozen – but just as delicious!).

39. AM says:

My personal favorite is the avocado margarita in La Hacienda de San Angel (I’m sure it can be found in other places as well, but that’s where I had it!) I prefer the frozen concoctions and this one was absolutely fantastic – creamy, just-strong-enough, and had red salt around the edge to compliment the green drink. Fabulous!

40. Brooke says:

Hands down, the Cucumber Margarita at La Cava is my favorite! It’s so refreshing and unusual that I order it again and again and again and…

41. Erica Montgomery says:

ROSITA MARGARITA!!! OMG! So freaking good! It’s sweet & sour & smooth! I love it! The first one I had was at a kiosk, then had one at La Hacienda with dinner. It’s amazing & would highly recommend!! :-)

42. LeeAnne says:

Just ate at the San Angel Inn yesterday, and my friend and I happily indulged in margarita flights. I gather that the choices vary according to what’s on special? Our flight included the traditional, organic skinny, blood orange, passion fruit, and a new TO-DIE-FOR type – the horchata margarita. Better than dessert, but not at all like a traditional marg.

Love this blog!