Thanks to Zanna from Zannaland, who graciously agreed to cover the Tables in Wonderland 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Preview Dinner for us on July 16th, 2011! Here are a few tidbits of info she gathered at the event… . Please note that all photos are copyright Suzannah DiMarzio for Disney Food Blog and are not to be used without explicit permission from Disney Food Blog.
First, A Few Announcements:
The event revealed some important info, including the following:
- The Festival Guide will be published on www.disneyworld.com/foodandwine on August 12th.
- A weekly Festival Guide will be available at Epcot during the festival.
- Reservations open August 16th at 7:00am ET — book events by calling 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378) or book online at www.disneyworld.com/foodandwine.
- Epcot will close at 10pm on select Fridays and Saturdays during the festival.
Don’t forget to check out the 6-page Special Events Guide with all the details as published by Disney.
2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Theme
The new theme this year is a nod to travel from a pre-World War I perspective, with vintage luggage tags with a culinary flair and transportation icons.
The banners that will be seen throughout the World Showcase will be strikingly similar to one another this year!
Some topiaries will also be re-purposed from the Flower and Garden Festival and updated with a travel theme.
New World Showcase Booths and Menu Items
There are three brand new World Showcase booths at this year’s Festival, and one newly returning booth. The marketplace kiosks have been shuffled around and many are in a new home so be sure to check your Festival guide map to find your favorite countries. The new Hawaii and Caribbean kiosks are slated to join the family in the front of World Showcase, and Australia will also be moved to the front area.
Here are the details on the new booths as well as a peek at the new menu items we’ll get to sample!
2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Hawaii Marketplace
2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Scandinavia Marketplace
2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Caribbean Marketplace
2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Portugal Marketplace
We also now know which booths will be represented at the festival! The booths that will be at this year’s Festival are as follows:
Zanna had the opportunity to sample the shrimp on the barbie from the Australia booth:
And the new Craisin Bread:
She also sampled the New Zealand Sea Scallop:
And here’s this year’s dessert trio: White Chocolate Macadamia Mousse with Dark Chocolate Pearls (Hawaii); Tres Leches Verrine (Portugal); Pastel de Nata (Portugal). This is served with an Apple Ice Wine from Canada.
The Festival Passports will be back again with even more fun as you travel to each represented cuisine around the World Showcase lagoon.
New Events for the 2011 Festival
As we’ve reported, there are several new events being introduced at the festival this year. Here are a few details!
For a detailed look at dates, times, prices, and presenters, visit our 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Special Events Page and our 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Low-Cost Seminars and Demonstrations Page. For overall details from the event and breaking news, visit our 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Page.
Italy Pavilion Events
The Italy Pavilion will introduce:
- Italy Food & Beer Pairing, Tuesdays from 2-4pm at Via Napoli; $50
- Italy Food & Wine Pairing, Wednesdays and Saturdays from 2-4pm; $65
- Italy Dessert & Wine Pairing, serving wines that have not been available in the US previously, Thursdays from 2-4pm; $50
- Italian White Truffle Lunch, Sunday, October 23 from 12-3pm; $175
France Pavilion Bocuse Dinner
This dinner will honor Chef Paul Bocuse and his contributions in Epcot. See details on our 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Special Events Page.
Monday, November 7 from 6:30-10pm, $245
Vertical Wine Tasting Event
Taste 10 vintages from Freemark Abbey, which is celebrating 125 years of winemaking in Napa Valley.
Saturday, November 5, 1-3pm at California Grill, $225
Sweet Seats at Disney’s Dessert Discovery Announced
These VIP seats are the 3D event’s answer to the Wine View Lounge at the Party for the Senses. The upgraded experience includes a private table, early entry to the event, specialty beverage and dessert offering, and more.
$80 — limited availability. Must be booked by phone.
Other New Seminars and Events
Don’t forget to catch these seminars and demonstrations!
- *New* Mixology Seminars, Daily at 6pm, $12 (TiW $10, M-Th)
- Culinary Demos and Wine/Bev Seminars are back. Culinary seminars are Daily at 1, 3, and 5pm; costs are $11 and $13 (TiW $9 and $11, M-Th). Beverage Seminars are Daily at 12, 2, and 4pm; costs are $10 and $12 (TiW $8 and $10 M-Th)
The new Cranberry Bog will hold court in the middle of the Festival!
Tasty Updates about This Year’s and Next Year’s Festivals
- The Wine View Lounge returns to the Party for the Senses.
- Next year, the Festival will introduce a Chocolate Festival with chocolate sculptures!
For a detailed look at dates, times, prices, and presenters, visit our 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Special Events Page and our 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Low-Cost Seminars and Demonstrations Page.
For overall details from the event and breaking news, visit our 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Page.