Photo Tour: Art of Animation Resort Desserts

With the opening of Disney World’s newest resort — Art of Animation — we have all new delicious food to sample. The Landscape of Flavors food court offers some unique desserts that you can’t find anywhere else in Disney World! Let’s take a peek…

First up, I love these one-of-a-kind Rice Krispie Treats that feature the characters you’ll find decorating the Art of Animation resort buildings!

Krispie Treats

Landscape of Flavors offers a variety of gelato flavors for your cold sweet tooth! I love the fun designs the cast members have made on the top! (See any hidden characters?)

Pistachio Gelato, when they’ve got it, is a very popular flavor!

Pistachio gelato.

And, of course, there are some goodies to customize your chilly treat…

Once in a while you’ll find mini-cheesecakes in the refrigerator case that are perfect to share (or not)!

Four-pack of mini-cheesecakes. Key lime, raspberry, brownie bottom, and plain.

If you’re looking for something a bit warmer, check out these fun cupcakes! I think this adorable Mickey face cupcake is a definite winner…

Mickey Oreo Cupcake

And this unique Macaroon Cupcake has become a guest favorite!

Macaroon Cupcake

These mini-cupcakes are a fun indulgence — we love the red velvet one!

Cute four-pack of mini-cupcakes in the bakery case.

And for those with food allergies and special diets, these vegan, gluten-free BabyCakes mini-cupcakes are perfect! (FYI — they’re also awesome even if you don’t have any dining restrictions!)

Unboxed Babycakes.

Peek in the bakery case to find your own personal pie (true comfort food)!

Individual Pie

The Art of Animation resort offers unique desserts in a fun food court. Can’t wait to hear your favorites!

What treat would you like to try at the Art of Animation resort?

1. Essie says

Oh, great article, Kim! I’m going to AoA in Nov. and love any info on it. The crispy treats are adorable; almost too cute to eat (almost!). The gelato looks wonderful even without any toppings and you guys have me so excited about cupcakes this trip!!!!! Thank you so much for this article. We’re getting close to the 2 month mark and I’m getting so excited!

2. Essie says

PS: I look forward to the Disney Food Blog everyday. It’s like my daily treat; I can’t wait to find out what yummy surprises all of you have waiting for us!

3. Kim says

Hi Essie!
    AoA is truly a fun resort with great eats. I was impressed when I toured the food court. Enjoy those cupcakes!

4. Erin says

Um WOW! Pretty awesome selection. I’m staying at Wilderness Lodge this trip and AoA next year for several days after we cruise on the Fantasy, so I may just have to make a special trip over there next month for that gelato! …and mini cheesecakes/cupcakes.

5. Kim LaPaglia says

Erin – definitely try to stop by for some of the unique eats at AoA!!

Niki – smiles (and cupcakes) are a wonderful thing!

6. Sarah says

I agree! This site is my ‘go to’ site before I check ANYTHING ELSE! Even before email! I love the tips, advice and all the wonderful photos with each article. Definitely puts me in a good mood. BTW! That gelato looks marvelous! Love all the hidden mickey’s on top and cannot wait for these next 3 weeks to go by so I can finally try that macaroon cupcake!!!! :)

Essie, Niki M, and Sarah — Thank you all so much for the awesome boost to my confidence! We all love producing this site each day and I love to hear your feedback!

Erin C — I can’t remember pie flavor, unfortunately! I only saw one version, but I’m sure they change them out!

Lizzie — They’re so fun, right?

JoAnn — Yay! What flavor?

8. JoAnn says

I usually have a combination of strawberry and banana when I have gelato. I’ll see what they have when I get there. The pistachio looks good too.

9. Kelly says

Thanks for the update! I’m off to AOA in 69 days and am psyched for any new info on Landscape of Flavors. We’re doing the DDP for the first time and I have been worried about having the appetite for a dessert at every meal. I’m less worried after seeing these options! :-)

10. Jennifer says

Just returned from a week stay at Art of Animation. Landscape of flavors tasted great, but it was impossible to navigate. Imagine you have small children and you need to hold their food. Then you need to go to stations spread out all over the large area. People weaving everywhere no order, you have a cafeteria tray to fit all your items on. Then if you have a meal plan you need to get drinks. There is nowhere to set your tray to get into the drink area and take out your drinks. I could not hold 4 bottles and a tray of food. A logistics nightmare you could only get one meal at a time and if your kids are small you are making several trips to the food counters then checking out and repeat. Items were hard to find and the few signs there were changed every 5 seconds so you could not read what was offered at the food stations.