It’s no secret that I love Disney World’s Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue in Fort Wilderness. I mean, come on? What’s not to love?
All you can eat picnic food served in metal buckets; all you can drink beer, wine, and sangria; a show that’s been entertaining guests since Disney World first opened? It’s all good.
And they serve one of my very favorite foods. So we thought it would be fun to share a recipe that can bring home the awesome flavors and fun atmosphere of this fantastic spot: Hoop Dee Doo Cornbread!
Let’s get to it!
3/4 cup cornmeal
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup milk
1. Mix flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, blend milk, eggs, and oil until well mixed.
3. Using a mixer, slowly add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing just enough to incorporate.
4. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and pour the batter into the pan, spreading evenly.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Will you be whippin’ up a batch of Hoop Dee Doo Cornbread for your very own hootenanny this weekend? Let us know!