My New Favorite Disney Pastry: Lemon Meringue Tart at BoardWalk Bakery

OK…I’ve been patiently waiting to share this with you and I just couldn’t wait any longer!!

The NEW Boardwalk Bakery -- three times the size of the old one!

My hands-down FAVORITE new treat at the newly refurbished Boardwalk Bakery is… .

This incredible Lemon Meringue Tart!!

Lemon Meringue Tart

I know. It looks totally innocuous, right? Maybe even a little too fancy? A substantial shortbread crust encases bright lemon curd. (LEMON CURD!!!!) Just a small amount of meringue garnishes the tart.

And I have to tell you… they have achieved lemon curd perfection with a strong (strong enough for me, which is saying something!!) sour flavor to balance the richness and sweetness of the shortbread. So good. SO SO GOOD!

Lemon Meringue Tart -- Cross Section

This one was to die for…and I wanted another immediately after I finished it.

When’s your next visit to the Boardwalk Bakery? Be sure to check out our full review of the new Boardwalk Bakery and make your choices before you get there! :-)

Are you a lemon-y goodness fan like me? Let us know in the comments below!

Comments

1. Jill D says

That looks amazing. Paired with a nice strong cup of coffee. Any idea where I can get one! (Wink wink!). Thanks AJ.

2. Prof. Brainard says

This looks truly scrumptious! Let’s just all be honest with ourselves for a moment and admit that lemon curd is, in almost every case, better than sex.

3. Connie says

Oh yeah….this is outstanding!!! I really think the Bakery took the food up a notch after the renovations. I enjoyed this with a Starbucks iced French Roast(made in my room) on the balcony at BWV….delicious!

4. Cheryl D says

I was there last week, and splurged calorie-wise with an everything bagel (toasted of course) and cream cheese and a cup of coffee in my refillable mug for breakfast. It was a really good bagel. Yum! I’m onboard with the lemon curd, but couldn’t they (please) make one with a whipped cream topping for those of us who hate meringue? Egg whites = yuck, is my personal opinion.

5. Tricia says

Adding this to my snacks list. In my family we do not waste snack credits on Water when lovely things like this can be bought instead.

6. Alan says

As I was growing up, whenever my mother made a pie it was lemon meringue. I don’t know why – maybe it was the “big thing” in that era. It remains one of the few desserts that tempts me and this will be a must try, on my next visit. The crumbs on top look interesting.

7. Joy O says

This is a cruel joke to play on a pregnant woman who has been scolded more than once for licking her computer screen at work. I. WANT. THAT. ……. on to check flight prices…….

8. Mark D. says

LOVE lemon curd, although like Cheryl D, I could do without the meringue.

Prof. Brainard, I really do love lemon curd, but I think you need to start having better sex.

9. Laura says

I just put this on my list for July. I LOVE strong lemon…….and shortbread…..oh my!

10. Katie says

Wow! If out of all the scrumptious things to get at boardwalk bakery, this was by far the best, then I have to try it!!

11. BringingUpDisney says

Seriously just drooled a little bit on my keyboard! I have to have this on our next trip. Lemon curd is my absolute favorite!

12. Brenda says

Looks scrumptious! I will have to try this in August! Another reason to get out of the sun for a bit! :)

13. Prof. Brainard says

Thanks, Mark! Come on up and see me sometime! I’ll bring the lemon curd and we can have a taste test. Hehe.

14. Essie says

I love lemon curd. I’ve never been to the Boardwalk, but after eating at the Cape May Cafe on my last trip and seeing how close everything is to EPCOT, I’ll be visiting the Boardwalk on an upcoming trip. One of these little lemon gems will be all mine! :)

15. Krystal says

Love lemon! I can’t wait to visit the Boardwalk Bakery when we are there in October!!

16. Justin says

I agree, AJ. This is a nearly perfect pastry. I didn’t find the lemon sourness to be that strong though (no tingly feeling in the cheeks occurred). The curd itself was perfect. I often find that lemon curd has a metallic taste with it so I typically avoid it. This has no such taste, just creamy lemony goodness. It’s only short coming was that the shortbread is quite dense and not as tender as I’d hope. It made cutting into it difficult. I recall a few rogue pieces flying across the room.

17. Colleen says

I’ll be staying at Port Orleans Riverside in July. Is it possible to park in the Boardwalk Inn parking lot so I can go to the bakery? Now that the Main Street Bakery has changed, the Boardwalk Bakery will have to be my sweets stop.

18. Debbie says

Loved your review. Can’t wait until my next visit. My mouth was watering just looking at that lemon tart as well as the salted caramel treat. Please keep the reviews coming. You’re the best!