Ahhhhh. cinnamon rolls. How I love thee. You are the undisputed Breakfast of Champions. And the best of the lot, in my opinion, were the ones available at Pre-Starbucks Main Street Bakery in the old days.
Now, I’m not jumping on Starbucks. I know that lots and lots and lots of you are super happy the Siren has moved into Main Street Bakery. But…well…I mean, just look at this.
But whatever the reason, these are still my favorite. And I do wish you could still get them — and all those scoops of extra icing! Yum! Well, no matter. Because we have the recipe! And knowledge is power.
So I can make them anytime I’d like. And now, so can you.
Walt Disney World’s Main Street Bakery
Yield: 16-18 Rolls
1/2 cup warm water
2 packages yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
2 cups milk
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon salt
8 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 cups brown sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened (room temperature)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1. In small bowl, combine water, yeast, and sugar.
2. Stir until dissolved and set aside.
3. In large bowl, mix pudding according to package instructions with milk.
4. Add 1/2 cup melted butter, egg, and salt. Mix well, then add yeast mixture and blend well.
5. Gradually add flour and knead until smooth.
6. Place in a very large greased bowl.
7. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size.
8. Punch down and let rise again for second time.
9. Roll dough on a very large floured surface.
10. Dough should roll out to a long rectangle, about 34 x 21 inches in size.
11. Take the 1 cup of melted butter and use a pastry brush to spread over entire dough surface.
12. In small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon.
13. Sprinkle over top of buttered dough. Roll dough up like a jelly roll.
14. Measure dough every 2 inches and cut with a knife.
15. Take each roll into the palm of your hand and gently pack the roll (this keeps it from coming apart during baking).
16. Place each roll in a buttered baking pan and allow to rise in a warm place for about 20 minutes.
17. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until golden brown in color, about 15-20 minutes.
18. Frost rolls while still warm.
Cream Cheese Frosting
1. In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth.
2. Spread on the very warm rolls.
And that’s all there is to it!
Okay. So they’re little involved. But I’m already dreaming of how good they’ll taste. So I’m pretty sure my efforts will be well rewarded.
C’mon! Take the plunge with me and make some Main Street Bakery Cinnamon Rolls. You know you wanna.
Leave a comment below and let us know when you’ll be making these!
Recipe Courtesy of Magical Recipes