News! “Maelstrom Margarita” at Epcot’s La Cava del Tequila

It appears that Norway’s next door neighbor (well, in World Showcase, that is!) is offering a tribute to Maelstrom, which carried riders on a “High Seas Norwegian Adventure” for the last time earlier this week (the attraction was closed to make way for a Frozen-inspired refurb).

The Mexico Pavilion’s La Cava del Tequila is serving Maelstrom Margaritas to honor the beloved attraction.

Maelstrom

Maelstrom

The Maelstrom Margarita features “Premium Ambhar Tequila blanco, mango puree, orange liquor, and agave nectar served with blueberries, habanero peppers, basil and Tajin chili powder on the rim.”

©cavadeltequila

©cavadeltequila

The drink debuted on October 6th for La Cava’s “Margarita Monday,” and while we assume this drink will only be available for a very limited time, according to La Cava’s Twitter feed: “Maelstrom Margarita will be available until you stop buying it, so it all depends on you. Made in honor of the ride.”

So, if you find yourself in the Mexico Pavilion today while tasting your way around the World, stop by La Cava to raise a glass… and to remember that Norway’s spirit has always been — will always be — ADVENTURE!

Would you like to try a Maelstrom Margarita? Please let us know with a comment!

Comments

1. Amy says

I like the concept, but it sounds like there is an awful lot going on here. I guess I usually prefer my cocktails a little more on the “simple” end of the spectrum. But who knows, I might try it if I get the chance. YOLO.

2. Mike V says

They close a great ride and give us a drink in it’s name????
    BOOOOOOO!!!

Hey Richard above, was that a funny?

3. Katie K says

Are they still making their margaritas in big pre-mixed vats or are they making them to order? I refuse to spend $15 on a margarita that has been sitting around in a pitcher for who knows how long.

4. Chzhead says

I will be trying one next week and will report back- they always make my cucumber and jalapeno margaritas fresh there. I usually pay more than that because I like Don Julio Silver. Bottoms up!

5. Diane says

That margarita sounds like just what I’ll need to drown my sorrows. RIP Maelstrom! I’ll miss you. :(

6. Alan says

It’s a clever idea, tying a drink into other attractions. I believe Chef Big Fat Panda did that on this blog, years ago.

7. Katie K says

Thanks Chzhead! I don’t mind paying top dollar for a top dollar drink so let us know if they are fresh or pre-mixed

8. Kat says

I had a Maelstrom Margarita on our trip 2 weeks ago…loved! It was spicy and sweet. I know it was mango, but I almost tasted like nectarine somehow. I enjoyed the combinations of flavors. The rim was savory but it added to the overall flavor, as the drink was sweet enough to balance it out. It was one of the many highlights of that day at Epcot! My husband had the jalapeño Margarita and I couldn’t stop sipping on that one either! So good :)

9. Pam says

@Kat, had the Maelstrom Margarita last week. It was very good but after having the jalapeño cucumber I was disappointed. The jalapeño is amazing!!!!

@Katie, they are fresh. The margaritas served outside are frozen. The ones served inside the pyramid in the tequila bar are fresh and oh so good.