Have you made your New Year’s Eve plans yet???
Yeah, me neither. But believe it or not, it’s not too soon to start making plans… if you’re planning on ringing in 2016 at Walt Disney World, that is!
In addition to regular dining opportunities in the parks and resorts, special dining events will once again be offered for guests looking for some unique ways to celebrate, and the options appear to have expanded from last year’s offerings.
As you might anticipate, Epcot tops the list for most guests hoping to ring in the new year in one of the parks, thanks to extra special entertainment throughout the day as well as an extended version of the Illuminations Nighttime Spectacular, so the bulk of special New Year’s options take place throughout World Showcase.
However, a few of the Resort restaurants are planning celebrations of their own as well. Here’s the festive rundown (so far! It’s always possible that other events may yet be in store…)
New Year’s Eve at Epcot World ShowPlace
Returning to Epcot this year is the New Year’s Eve at Epcot World ShowPlace dining event. Once again, the event will feature buffet dining set to classic Disney music, and will also feature vignettes for fun photo opps to remember the celebration.
The menu will include:
- An array of Soups, Breads, and Salads including Roasted Ruskin Tomato Basil Soup and Creamy Seafood and Corn Chowder, along with grilled flatbread, rolls, and hummus
- Hot Food Items including: Tender Demi Braised Beef with mushroom and pearl onions; Oven-baked Cod with tomato, olives, and peppers; Carved Mesquite Spiced Deep-fried Turkey Breast with Cranberry BBQ sauces; Chicken Breast with lemon caper sauce and parsley; and Mojo Roasted Pork with roasted onion and sweet plantains
- Two Dessert Stations serving items such as Chocolate Ganache Brownies, Salted Caramel Bundt Cakes, Mickey Key Lime Tarts, Assorted Cream Puffs, No-Sugar-Added Lemon Cookies, No-Sugar No Gluten Spice Cake, Warm Banana Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding, Warm Apple, Pear and Cherry Crisps and Hand-dipped Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with Strawberry Sauce, Chocolate Sauce, Whipped Cream and Mickey Confetti
- Selections for Kids to include Fried Chicken Fritters, Baked Mini Corn Dogs, and Mac and Cheese, among other items
Booking is available now between the hours of 3:00 to 10:30 PM on New Year’s Eve. You can make your reservations online or by calling (407) WDW-DINE. General admission is $71.84 for adults and $44.37 for kids, per person, plus tax. Separate admission to Epcot is required, and the event does NOT include a private viewing area for the fireworks. Please note that the event does require a two-day advance notice to cancel.
New Year’s Eve at Monsieur Paul
New Year’s Eve dining also returns to Monsieur Paul in Epcot’s France Pavilion.
Three different events are available to choose from:
- Lunch Seatings are offered at 11:45 AM and 2:15 PM. This special 3-course prix fixe meal costs $85 for adults and children alike (please note that tax and gratuity are not included).
- A Dinner Seating is offered at 5:45 pm. This special 3-course prix fixe meal costs $85 for adults and children alike (please note that tax and gratuity are not included).
- The Premier Dining Event takes place from 8:45 to 9:45 PM. The special 4-course prix-fixe meal costs $235 for adults without wine, OR $295 for adults with wine. The cost for children is $235 (please note that tax and gratuity are not included).
The price to attend the event does not include admission to Epcot (which is required). Interested guests may call (407) WDW-DINE.
Nochevieja at La Hacienda de San Angel
Live Mariachi music, premium tequilas, and terrific indoor views of Illuminations are all hallmarks of the New Year’s Eve celebration dinner at Epcot’s La Hacienda de San Angel.
Dinner is a 5-course prix-fixe meal, which begins with a Welcome Margarita (for guests 21 and over) and a great indoor viewing spot for Illuminations. The main entree will feature Surf and Turf, with pairings suggested by one of the Mexico Pavilion’s Tequila Ambassadors.
Payment is due in advance, and the cost to attend is $280.13 for adults, and $73.46 for children, including tax and gratuity. With the exception of the Welcome Margarita, alcoholic drinks or specialty coffee beverages are additional cost. Please note that this special dining event requires a two-day advance notice to cancel. Interested guests may book or find more information by calling (407) WDW-DINE.
Toast the New Year at Le Cellier
Options continue to expand at Epcot at Le Cellier Steakhouse in the Canada Pavilion. All guests 21 and over at any of the three seatings will receive a souvenir champagne flute with the Le Cellier logo.
The 1st Seating begins at 4:30 pm, and includes a 4-course meal with the guest’s choice of appetizer, entree, and dessert. The price is $148.04 for adults and $47.93 for kids.
The 2nd Seating begins at 6:45 pm, and also includes a 4-course meal with the guest’s choice of appetizer, entree, and dessert. The price is $148.04 for adults and $47.93 for kids.
The 3rd Seating begins at 9:00 pm, and includes a 5-course meal with the guest’s choice of appetizer, entree, and dessert. The price is $211.94 for adults and $69.23 for kids.
Interested guests for any of the seatings may call (407) WDW-DINE. Please note that this special dining event requires a three-day advance notice to cancel, and admission to Epcot (which is required) is not included in the price.
Enjoy Fireworks at California Grill
Contemporary Resort’s California Grill is hosting one 8:00 pm sitting for a dine-around style meal (food stations will be located at various points throughout California Grill). Included in the price is a Call Brand Bar as well as wine poured by the glass until the clock strikes twelve.
Entertainment will include visits from Mickey, Minnie, Donald Duck, and Baby New Year.
There is a dress code for this special event, requiring a dinner jacket for men (tie is optional) and a dress or pantsuit for women. Payment is due in advance, and the cost to attend is $625.00, including tax and gratuity. This event may be booked online. Please note that this special dining event requires a two-day advance notice to cancel.
Waterfront Dining at Narcoossee’s
New Year’s Eve dinner at the Grand Floridian Resort’s Narcoossee’s will feature selections of steak and seafood, and the Late Dining will offer guests views of the Magic Kingdom fireworks.
Two events are available to choose from:
Early Dinner seatings are offered from 5:00 PM to 5:45 PM. The prepaid cost to attend is $159.75 for adults and $74.55 for children, including tax and gratuity. The Early Dinner seatings will be available for booking online.
The Late Dining Event seatings are offered from 8:30 to 9:30 pm. The prepaid cost to attend is $317.48 for adults and $118.28 for children, including tax and gratuity. The Late Dining Event may be booked by calling (407) WDW-DINE. Please note that this special dining event requires a four-day advance notice to cancel.
Il Mulino at Disney World’s Swan Hotel
A prix-fixe Italian dinner will be served at Il Mulino New York Trattoria in Disney World’s Swan Hotel throughout New Year’s Eve with seatings beginning at 7:15 PM and going through 11:00 PM.
The prepaid cost is $105.00 for adults (alcohol and specialty coffee beverages will be an additional charge) and $39.00 for children, not including tax and gratuity. Please note that this special dining event requires a two-day advance notice to cancel. The dining event will be available for booking online.
Will you be ringing in the New Year at Epcot, or anywhere else is Disney World? Please let us know with a comment!