New Year’s Eve 2019 at The Edison in Disney Springs will feature two celebrations in one!
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance was announced as one of the new attractions in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill soft opening date announced! Check out the menu here.
- Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run is coming to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge!
- New nighttime spectaculars, pavilion entertainment, and more announced for Epcot.
- Get a closer look at the new Star Wars Resort coming to Disney World!
- Check out the new holiday treats at The Ganachery in Disney Springs.
- We have details on all the holiday treats in Disneyland’s Downtown Disney District.
- Check out the New Year’s Eve dinners at Disney World and Disneyland.
- We have lots of news from this weekend’s Destination D event.
- Check out the Mickey Birthday Cupcakes at Gasparilla Grill and Contempo Cafe!
- The Gingerbread Carousel is up at Disney’s Beach Club!
- It’s time to pre-order the 2019 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining!
- Check out this Steamboat Willie Heritage Mickey Mousse at the Boardwalk Bakery!
- We were celebrating Mickey’s 90th Birthday in the Magic Kingdom with special treats and fun merchandise!
- Check out what’s NEW at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
- We checked out everything new at Hollywood Studios this week.
- We reviewed the holiday eats at Alien Pizza Planet in Disneyland!
- We have details on what’s new at the Magic Kingdom this week.
- Check out everything new at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- We have details on where to find all the holiday treats in Disney Springs!
- We have details on what’s new at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- We checked out the seasonal Cranberry Mousse at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
- We reviewed the holiday treats at the Grand Floridian’s Gingerbread House.
- Check out the holiday treats – and cookie shots – at Disney’s Grand Californian!
- The Grand Floridian’s Gingerbread House is open for the 2018 season!
- Check out these fun holiday krispy treats in the Disney Parks.
- We spotted some fun new merchandise at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- There’s a new Cheshire Cat cupcake of the month at All Star Music Resort.
- We reviewed the holiday eats at Award Wieners in Disney California Adventure.
- New latte art debuts at The Mara in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge!
- We shared details on a V.I.Passholder Pop Up event for Mickey’s birthday!
- Check out the latest details about the Guardians of the Galaxy ride in Epcot.
- More details were announced for the Gran Destino Tower at Disney’s Coronado Springs.
- The opening season was announced for the Disney Skyliner.
- More details were revealed for Epcot’s Space Restaurant!
- Check out this new Churro Toffee we spotted in Disneyland.
- We reviewed the Mickey Birthday Cupcake at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- Tambu Lounge has reopened at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort!
- Check out this must-have holiday glow cube from Disneyland.
- There’s a new slushie and a new dessert at Amorette’s Patisserie!
- A new holiday dessert is on the menu at the 4R Cantina Barbacoa Food Truck.
- Check out all the limited time treats at Disney World and Disneyland for Mickey’s 90th birthday.
- We reviewed some holiday treats at Schmoozies in Disney California Adventure.
- Goofy’s Candy Company is serving up gourmet cotton candy.
- New DFB YouTube videos: DFB Throwdown: The Polite Pig vs. D-Luxe Burger, 10 Great Ways to Spend $50 at Disney World, What’s New at Disney World and Disneyland, and 12 Smartphone Apps You’ll Definitely Need in Disney World.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video — 12 Smartphone Apps You’ll Definitely Need in Disney World
“What are you doing New Year’s… New Year’s Eve?”
If you’re making plans to be at Disney World or Disneyland to ring in 2019, you should know about some of the special dining events, fireworks, and midnight toasts that are planned on both coasts.
Whether you’re looking for dining, family fun, or even dancing into 2019, there’s something for everyone this year! [Read more…]
Disney World is already busy preparing for the Holiday Season, and recently announced a new addition to the festivities for 2018! The Disney Ink & Paint Club offers a VIP lounge experience which can be added as an enhancement to the Disney Countdown to Midnight Party at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
The themed lounge (located in The Sorcerer’s Apprentice Ballroom) will pay tribute to the Ink and Paint department of Walt Disney Animation Studios, and will pay homage to the era when animated legends debuted on the big screen. [Read more…]
“What are you doing New Year’s… New Year’s Eve?”
Well, if you’re planning to spend New Year’s Eve in Disney World’s Epcot, then you should know about the New Year’s Eve Dinner at the World Showplace Pavilion!
What’s that? You’re wondering why it took them so long to announce this? Us, too! Which means maybe it’s not sold out, yet! [Read more…]
Still looking for a unique way to ring in 2018? Well, if you’re going to be in Disney World (AND you are 21 years old or over), you might want to consider making plans for New Year’s Eve at … THE EDISON!
The event includes tray-passed hors d’oeuvres, live-action food stations, and a selection of beer, wine, and spirits from 8:00 pm until midnight (doors open at 7:30 pm). Entertainment, of course, is included as well.
Even if it’s not exactly the right moment to start the Big Countdown to ring in 2018, it IS — believe it or not — time to start making your plans for New Year’s Eve in Walt Disney World!
And Disney’s Contemporary Resort will be hosting THREE celebrations, which will all open for booking on July 11th.
Disney Countdown to Midnight
Dining, dancing, music, and booze will all be components of Disney Countdown to Midnight in the Fantasia Ballroom. A band, DJ, and Mickey and Minnie will all join in the party, and guests will ring in 2018 viewing the Magic Kingdom New Year’s Fireworks and raising a glass of bubbly.
New Year’s Eve celebrations aren’t hard to come by when you’re ringing in the New Year in Disney World!
Maybe you’ll be welcoming 2016 with a special showing of Wishes at the Magic Kingdom or Illuminations at Epcot. And, of course, every year there are extra admission-required events also available for guests to choose from.
We shared some of the special holiday happenings taking place on December 31st at locations like Monsieur Paul, Le Cellier, and California Grill in a previous post. But for those looking for an extra-big splurge… the Countdown to Midnight might be just the thing to add to your celebration.
The Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center will be the setting for this special event, which Disney is billing as a Progressive “3-in-1” Party featuring food and cocktails, as well as live entertainment and music.
The celebration begins at 8:00 PM (with check-in starting at 7:30 PM). First, take a walk down nostalgia lane while enjoying an “interactive comedy reunion at the Adventurer’s Club” (after stopping for a cocktail, beer, or wine at an open bar). Second, Club Live will set the stage for dancing to a live 9-piece band. Third, Club Vinyl will feature a 7-piece band playing jazzed-up versions of music from today in a “Preservation Hall” setting.
Additionally, special guest star Vanessa Williams has joined the lineup as the event’s headliner.
Buffet and dessert stations and drinks are included with admission. And just before midnight, it will be time to put on a New Year’s Eve hat or tiara for the big countdown into 2016. Once the clock strikes twelve, a balloon drop and confetti blast will welcome the New Year, along with a champagne toast using your keepsake glass. [Read more…]
Have you made your New Year’s Eve plans yet???
Yeah, me neither. But believe it or not, it’s not too soon to start making plans… if you’re planning on ringing in 2016 at Walt Disney World, that is!
In addition to regular dining opportunities in the parks and resorts, special dining events will once again be offered for guests looking for some unique ways to celebrate, and the options appear to have expanded from last year’s offerings.
As you might anticipate, Epcot tops the list for most guests hoping to ring in the new year in one of the parks, thanks to extra special entertainment throughout the day as well as an extended version of the Illuminations Nighttime Spectacular, so the bulk of special New Year’s options take place throughout World Showcase.
However, a few of the Resort restaurants are planning celebrations of their own as well. Here’s the festive rundown (so far! It’s always possible that other events may yet be in store…)
New Year’s Eve at Epcot World ShowPlace
Returning to Epcot this year is the New Year’s Eve at Epcot World ShowPlace dining event. Once again, the event will feature buffet dining set to classic Disney music, and will also feature vignettes for fun photo opps to remember the celebration. [Read more…]
Dinner inside the Magic Kingdom’s quintessential castle at Walt Disney World is a remarkable experience any night of the year!
Cinderella’s Royal Table
But imagine hobnobbing with Cinderella and feasting inside the royal dining room at Cinderella’s Royal Table on New Year’s Eve. Last year, my family crossed this adventure off of our bucket list — right before the clock struck midnight!
New Year’s Eve Tips
First, make your Advance Dining Reservation as soon as possible. For the most popular restaurants (especially during holidays!!), you’ll need to book 180 days prior!
You’ll find recommendations to arrive the Magic Kingdom early and stay all day and night. Without a break. In the massive crowds. This commando touring is not my family’s style. So I researched when the Magic Kingdom had closed and re-opened to guests for the past several years.
I found that the Magic Kingdom historically reached crowd capacity in the early morning and afternoon with re-openings by late afternoon/early evening. Even with our pre-paid dinner, we took our chances and it worked perfectly! Tip: You do not have to stay in the Magic Kingdom ALL day and night unless you must have a view of the castle forecourt for fireworks time. By 8PM on December 31, 2013, the Magic Kingdom had re-opened to all guests, including families staying off-site!
We spent the morning at the Animal Kingdom (late breakfast at Tusker House!!) and rested at our hotel the rest of the day. Arriving the Magic Kingdom about 6PM, we were admitted with no problems. Once inside, we experienced the thickest crowds that we’ve ever encountered anywhere. We formed a family chain by holding the back of each others’ shirts and somehow made our way to the back of the park.
Passing people sleeping on blankets as they saved their coveted spots in front of the castle for the evening’s fireworks display — we made our way to New Fantasyland. And the crowds were… gone! We practically had Big Top Treats and the area behind it all to ourselves. We got a snack and relaxed at an outdoor table. Tip: there were barely lines for the character meet and greets in this section of the park!
Our advance dining reservation was for 9:30PM. It was especially crowded waiting to be let in to the castle; and believe me, we weren’t allowed to approach the podium even a minute before our reservation time. There was only a small area in which we could wait as the back of the castle was already roped off for the fireworks. Once inside though, we experienced pure magic!
After photographs with Cinderella, we waited in the lobby to be beckoned to the dining room.
Among the last diners of the night, we witnessed Cinderella playing with children. She actually played hide and seek with them all throughout the lobby. It was an intimate moment with a fairytale princess that we reveled in watching, and I’m sure the children and their parents cherished the experience.
After our meal, we had to wait by the outdoor podium for the castle show to end. Once done, we were able to exit into Fantasyland. We found a place to sit on the pavement in front of Mickey’s PhilharMagic and waited for the fireworks. And they were amazing!
Ringing in the New Year at the Magic Kingdom was an amazing experience. We continued to walk around the park allowing the crowds to disperse. We found very few crowds in Frontierland where a DJ was still spinning tunes!
So, let’s check out our meal…
Cinderella was holding court next to a Christmas tree decorated in rich silver, gold, and blue!
Once you ascend the winding red-carpeted stairway (or take the more modern elevator), you’ll step in to a medieval dining room with a vaulted ceiling.
The table setting was enhanced with purple napkins and a gold table runner. The silver cutlery resembles crossed swords!
Gentlemen (young and young-at-heart) receive swords as souvenirs.
The menu’s cover echoes the jaw-dropping stained glass features found throughout the castle.
The bread basket and accompanying butter were delivered promptly.
With a choice of appetizers, hubby and son went with the Royal Tasting of Cheeses and accompaniments. Both of them enjoyed sampling the different options and gave it a thumbs up as a starter!
For my picky palate, I requested a garden salad with ranch dressing (from the kids menu!).
For entrees, note that the accompaniments change up frequently.
The guys had no difficulty choosing the Beef Tenderloin. Again, they both found the steak to be a delicious option but not nearly as good as previous steak entrees at [Read more…]