Great news if you’re a fan of California Grill, Sunday Brunch — or both!
The popular signature restaurant, which sits atop Disney’s Contemporary Resort, has been a dinner-only spot since opening in the 1990s. But as Disney World continues to expand hours in table service restaurants across property, it looks like California Grill will soon join the trend.
The experience promises to be a hybrid of sorts. If you’d like, you can choose to begin your meal with something to drink. Options include both mocktails and cocktails, or indulge in a trip to the Bloody Mary Bar.
Guests begin their meal with house made Breakfast Pastries and Breads. Assortments will include Caramel Apple Monkey Bread, Cranberry Pecan Scones, and Tillamook Cheddar Biscuits, accompanied by Jam made from scratch and Orange Blossom Honey Butter.
Next, you’ll have the chance to interact with culinary staff at the counter of the on-stage kitchen. Here, guests can enjoy tasting portions of dishes like House-Smoked Orange Honey Ham and Deviled Eggs, which will feature Lake Meadow Naturals Eggs.
Greek Yogurt Parfaits, interesting Salads, and an assortment of Sushi will also be on offer.
The next course will feature plated entrees. Guests can choose from a wide range of offerings. Here are some of the items that are planned:
- Pan-Fried Buttermilk Organic Chicken Cutlet with Haricots Verts, Toasted Almonds, Frisée, Beurre Noisette
- Sweet Potato Pancakes with Caramelized Heirloom Apples, Dried Cranberry and Raisin Compote, Vanilla Custard, Warm Canadian Maple Syrup
- Shrimp and Grits: Gulf White Shrimp with Tillamook Cheddar Grits, Spicy Tomato Broth, Espellette-Spiced Tomato Ragout
- Poached Lobster Benedict with Butter-Poached Tail, Two Soft-Poached Eggs, Honey Ham,
Yuzu Hollandaise, Marble Potato Hash
- Chef’s Frittata with Three Lake Meadow Farms Eggs, Florida Heirloom Tomatoes, Roasted Poblanos, Chorizo, Creamy Goat Cheese, Marble Potato Hash
- Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Soft Poached Eggs, Chimichurri, Marble Potato Hash and Charred Red Onion
After all of that, the dessert menu will focus on small offerings, with Mini-Desserts, Macarons, and Chocolate Truffles as sweet ending options.
The price is prix fixe and will be $80 for adults and $48 for children ages 3 to 11. Advance Dining Reservations will open on Wednesday, December 16 and can be booked online or by calling 407-WDW-DINE (407-939-3463). No word yet on whether they’ll accept Disney Dining Plan or Tables in Wonderland, but we assume so, since California Grill accepts both.
Will you be adding California Grill Sunday Brunch to your ADR list come February? Leave a comment and share your thoughts with us!