CONFIRMED: Choza Tequila Bar Coming to Epcot’s Mexico

In October, we shared photos of new construction walls popping up just beside Epcot’s Mexico Pavilion.

Construction Walls by the Mexico Pavilion

Construction Walls by the Mexico Pavilion

And we were SUPER jazzed, because that meant we were finally able to speculate about a new outdoor bar to replace the stand that once provided tasty Margaritas to thirsty passersby on their way around World Showcase.

Well, now we can all say… HOORAY!!! It’s TRUE! It has officially been confirmed that Choza Tequila will be opening in early 2017!! [Editor’s Note: The name of this upcoming location has since been changed to Choza de Margarita.]

choza-tequila epcot

Yep, this is basically an outdoor version of Mexico’s beloved La Cava del Tequila located inside the Pavilion, and it will serve up more than just hand-crafted margaritas.

Blood Orange Margarita

Blood Orange Margarita from La Cava del Tequila

Be on the lookout for tacos, empanadas, chips, and fresh guacamole on the menu as well.

La Cava Trio Combo

La Cava Trio Combo

We don’t have an official opening date, yet, but we’ve heard the hope is that this will be open in February or March. I’d say this is a pretty good reason to say CHEERS to 2017!! How about you :) ?

Are you excited to welcome Choza Tequila to Epcot this year? Please let us know with a comment!

Comments

1. Andrew Z says

I can see myself taking a couple of walks over to this place while waiting in the Frozen ride line

2. Joe says

I wonder if this will completely replace Cava? There’s always a long line that congests that area so something definitely had to be done. This will be a welcomed addition but only if they don’t close Cava.

Those chips are so good! I thinking the new bar will do well in this location. Catch the passers by who don’t want to go all the way to the other bar inside the main building.

4. Molly says

Joe, they’d have to be crazy to close La Cava. This should move the to-go line outside and clear up the congestion inside the pavilion, assuming it’s the same quality margaritas as inside. And could maybe allow for bar seating (or if not seats, you could at least stand at the bar longer than to get one drink) at La Cava?

5. Mike V says

Going to be a great stop as we make our way around the countries…..cannot wait!
    La Cava was too often overcrowded and bunched up.
    Felt like I was in my 20s again trying to get to an overcrowded bar to order drinks.

6. Robert says

I’m worried that this will be the beginning of the end of Cava. 5 restaurants/bars in one pavilion is a lot. I really want a place to go sip and taste good tequilas, mezcals, and sotols with the proper accompaniments. I really enjoy worm, cricket, and ant salts. I am hopeful that this will clear out those just doing shots of tequila (especially those buying an extra anejo and doing it as a shot ) to the outside and Cava can become like a fine tasting establishment. I am really passionate about Mexican spirits obviously. :)

7. Dori says

Can’t wait to try this new tequila bar! …., but They better never take away my Cava it’s definitely my happy place in Epcot

8. DaveM says

Always enjoy La Cava and I am looking forward to trying the new libations! The food sounds interesting as well, and will be a great place to get a taste of Mexico while touring Epcot!