April 22, 2018, will mark the 20th Anniversary of the opening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom! And the park will mark the occasion by expanding the annual Party for the Planet for 2018 into a two-week celebration featuring unique PhotoPass opportunities, backstage experiences at Rafiki’s Planet Watch, 20th Anniversary merchandise, specialty food offerings around the park, and more. Tiffins Talks will also be part of the event.
These dining experiences at the park’s signature restaurant, Tiffins, are currently available for booking on select nights from April 22 to May 5, 2018. Guests will listen to animal and conservation experts (including Imagineer Joe Rohde on April 25th) while enjoying a four-course meal comprised of specialty food and beverages that will complement the evening’s topics, which can be seen below!
- Sunday, April 22, 2018 – Dr. Joseph Soltis, a research scientist at the park, will speak about the “Elephants and Bees” project in which honeybees are helping people and elephants in Kenya. The menu will feature African cuisine.
- Wednesday, April 25, 2018 – Joe Rohde, a veteran Imagineer, will share tales from his adventures all over Asia, India, Nepal, and China. The chefs of Tiffins will follow Joe’s journeys with a menu inspired by his travels.
- Friday, April 27, 2018 – Dr. Jason Fischer, one of the park’s Conservation Program Managers will speak about Disney’s efforts to conserve the purple martin, a remarkable migratory songbird that travels to Walt Disney World Resort from the Brazilian Amazon to raise a family each year. The menu will feature North American cuisine.
- Sunday, April 29, 2018 – Rachel Daneault, one of the park’s Zoological Managers, will talk about the Gorilla Rehabilitation and Conservation Education Center (GRACE) project that Disney supports in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The menu will feature African cuisine.
- Wednesday, May 2, 2018 – Dr. Anne Savage, the park’s Conservation Director, will speak about the cotton-top tamarin conservation project Disney supports in Colombia. The menu will feature South American cuisine.
- Friday, May 4, 2018 – Dr. Scott Terrell, Director of Animal and Science Operations, will chat about caring for the Sumatran tigers that call Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park home, as well as the conservation work Disney is doing to protect tigers in Asia. The menu will feature Asian cuisine.
Please note that speakers and topics are subject to change. Admission to Animal Kingdom is required, but not included. Guests must be 21 or older to drink alcoholic beverages, and a government I.D. will be required.
Tiffins Talks are $165.00 per person (tax and gratuity included), and begin at 5:30 PM. Interested guests may book online or by calling (407) WDW-DINE.
Is Tiffins Worth Two Disney Dining Plan Credits? Find Out What We Think — Click Here for Our Latest Tiffins Review!
Are you excited to celebrate Animal Kingdom’s 20th Anniversary? Please let us know with a comment!