___________ ___________ _________ ________ _____
2010 Epcot Food & Wine Festival: Oct. 1-Nov. 14, 2010. New Events for 2010 Listed in Red.
The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival is a 6-week adventure held in Walt Disney World’s Epcot theme park showcasing culinary demonstrations, mini-classes, and outstanding musical and culinary events. Epcot also showcases over 25 “mini-marketplaces” where you can purchase and sample ethnic foods from all over the world. There’s a lot more in store! Here’s a Quick-Click Guide to help:
International Marketplace Booth Menus and Food Pictures
Free & Low-Cost Attractions and Demos
Special and Signature Attractions
Eat to the Beat! Concerts
Live Event Coverage Here
2010 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Programming Will Include
The Epcot Food and Wine Festival offers dozens of events and attractions that will delight any food-lover. Some events are free or low-cost, while others are more expensive and require booking a separate ticket. Most events do require you to purchase Epcot admission for those in your party. Click on the titles and links below to be taken to more detailed pages, which include pricing, location, menus, and reservation information about the event types that interest you:
The World Showcase promenade is filled with 27 international marketplace booths showcasing culinary delights from dozens of countries and regions of the globe. Travel around to each of them to sample tapas-sized portions of some ethnic favorites. This year, Epcot is debuting three new booths — Belgium, South Korea, and Cheese and Charcuterie. While the booths are freely accessed by anyone in the Epcot Theme Park, you must pay separately for each item purchased at the booths.
These include Authentic Taste Seminars, Culinary Demonstrations, Wine and Beverage Seminars, the Festival Welcome Center attractions, the new International Marketplace Passport, and more.
These include advance-reservation-required ticketed events, including the Party for the Senses, Food and Wine Pairing Meals, Tequila Tastings, Signature Dining Events, Sweet Sundays, Disney Dessert Discoveries, and more. Guests can call 407/WDW-FEST (939-3378) for information and to make reservations for special events and programs. Festival details should be available at www.disneyworld.com/foodandwine by mid-July and booking begins at 7:00AM July 20th.
These include the free-with-Epcot-admission concerts that take place every evening at America Gardens Theater. This year, the line-up showcases seven brand new acts including Sugar Ray, Air Supply, 38 Special, and Rick Springfield as well as returning favorites like Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Billy Ocean, John Secada, and Taylor Dayne.
New this year, guests are invited to take part in the Wine & Dine Half-Marathon and Relay Race and Mickey’s Halloween Family Fun Run and 5K. If running’s not for you, consider purchasing a Wine & Dine Half-Marathon After-Party spectator ticket. This will treat you to all the fun of the Epcot Food and Wine Festival after the race! Note that there will be an registration charge for these races.
The brand new Grape Getaway vacation package will be advertised to Tables in Wonderland members, but is available to anyone wanting to book. It will be a four-day, three-night event offering exclusive Food and Wine Festival events and an intimate Party for the Senses. There are only 100 spots available for the package, so be ready to book as soon as details come out! You can find preliminary details in our Grape Getaway page.
Info That’s Good To Know…
- Epcot Food and Wine Festival-themed gift cards, which can be worn around the wrist for easy use while sipping strolling the promenade, will be available for purchase throughout Epcot.
- Live regional entertainment at the festival will include music, acrobatics and improv performances along the promenade.
- Some 250 chefs including Disney chefs and guest chefs from across the country will be conducting culinary demonstrations and hosting dinners and tasting events. Guest chefs may include Debbie Gold, Rock Harper, Jeff Henderson, Robin Miller, Jamie Deen, Warren Brown, Cat Cora, Todd English, Gale Gand, Robert Irvine, Art Smith, Andrew Zimmern, and many other culinary stars.
- New events include the 3-D Disney’s Dessert Discovery and a festival preview night, First Bites Opening Reception, on Sept. 30. Click here for details and pricing.
- Two new tasting marketplaces –- Belgium and South Korea –- will be introduced along with new menu offerings at popular returning marketplaces including Singapore, Argentina, Chile, Poland, South Africa, Australia, U.S.A., Spain and others.
- Two Epcot restaurants will be grand opening just in time for the festival: Via Napoli at the Italy pavilion and La Hacienda de San Angel at the Mexico pavilion.
- Taste, Shake and Indulge Experiences like the French Grand Marnier tasting experience will be introduced.
Other Disney Food Blog Posts About the 2010 Epcot Food and Wine Festival
April 2010: 2010 Epcot Food and Wine Festival CMS Website Being Updated
April 2010: Festival Tagline and Some Eat to the Beat Performers Announced
April 2010: Eat to the Beat Concerts Announced
May 2010: Belgium and South Korea to be new Food and Wine Festival Booths
May 2010: Disney previews Food and Wine Festival Banners, 3D Dessert Party, Introductory Event, and more!
June 2010: Pricing Announced for New Food and Wine Festival Events
July 2010: Exclusive Grape Getaway Vacation Package will be available soon.
July 2010: Details/photos from Tables in Wonderland 2010 Food and Wine Festival Preview event.
July 2010: Pricing and dates for the 2010 Party for the Senses events is available. Cirque du Soleil will be returning.
July 2010: Details on 2010 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Special and Signature Events
July 2010: Details on free and low-cost seminars and demonstrations is available.
July 2010: 2010 Epcot Food and Wine Festival booths and menus are now available
July 2010: Official Artwork and Merchandise Preview
July 2010: The 2010 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Guide has been released in a preliminary stage. See scans here.
July 2010: Sneak peek at 2010 Epcot Food and Wine Festival pins
2009 Food & Wine Festival Coverage
Check out our coverage of the 2009 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, including full menus and photos from every single International Marketplace kiosk!
Free and Low-Cost Events at 2009 Food and Wine Festival
Reservation Only Events from 2009
**See 2009 Food and Wine Festival Booth Menus and Food Photographs Here**
All graphics and photos copyright Disney
Please Note: All info is subject to change.