It’s been another big week in Disney Food news! Here are a few of our favorite stories from the past few days:
- Animal Kingdom welcomes the Taste of Africa Street Party this summer. This event is free to park guests. Click the link to learn more!
- Lots of new 2010 Epcot Food and Wine Festival info, including: a list of 2010 International Marketplace booths, timing for many of the Food and Wine Festival events, and more! Check our “Breaking News” section of the 2010 Epcot Food and Wine Festival info page for details
- Tables in Wonderland July Events were announced, including two more dinners IN the Great Movie Ride
Also, just some quick reminders:
1. Disney Food Blog now has a Flickr Group — Disney Food Blog Photo Extravaganza! If you’re a flickr user, come peruse and post Disney Food pics!
2. The Disney Food Blog Foodie Fest is scheduled for October 3rd, 2010! Save the date, and sign up for The Disney Food Blog newsletter for all the latest updates on this and other Disney Food Blog events.
Now, on to the round-up!
Kevin Kidney, whose blog is one of the most interesting things in the Disney space, has sent me into Disney Food heaven with this post on the Frito Kid. You MUST (must, must, must) click this link of Jim Campbell’s Frito Kid “interactive experience.” Just drop the coin in the slot to sample a taste of Disney history. (Click here to read the history of the Frito Kid. To see more of Jim Campbell’s work, click here.)
Cookie Madness (hands-down one of my favorite baking blogs of all time) has put together a new recipe for Minnie’s Bakeshop Inspired cookies! Yum!
The Disney Blog has details on Adult Cooking Classes in Disney World’s Downtown Disney on July 10th, 2010! If you go, send pictures! 🙂
Party Through the Parks has taken Drinking Around the World to a new level.
Main Street Gazette Heads to two rarely-open Magic Kingdom counter-service spots!
Scott Joseph Orlando shares a rumor that the Empress Room might make a reappearance — for one night — this Fall.
Touring Plans had a foodie kind of week on their blog! Two of my favorite bloggers showcased favorite treats in Disney World and a meal at the 50’s Prime Time Cafe!
The English Disney Blog reviews dinner at the California Grill.
Chip and Co. posted a video about the central Disneyland Resort bakery and the work they do throughout the resort.
WDW Public Affairs released info about a Disney World-sponsored Chef’s Gala raises $170,000 for a local United Way Chapter. Thanks to StitchKingdom.com for the tip.
The Disney Website has a couple of fun interactive games for kids that will help them learn about food groups and how to choose healthy foods. I liked Mickey’s Mess Hall and Lilo’s Luau — just watch the animation and click to train for and play the games.
Leave a Reply