We LOVE making Disney inspired snacks and treats (especially when your whole family can enjoy them)!
And, we’re about to make your morning a whole lot better with this tasty recipe all the way from the Disney Resorts!
Sweet cheese and fruit paired together sounds like paradise, so the Cream Cheese and Guava Stuffed French Toast from Spyglass Grill might be your go-to morning treat with this recipe.
Hey, all that guava must mean you get some of your fruit for the day, right?? 😉
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup guava paste, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 8 slices brioche, cut into 3/4-inch thick slices
- 8 slices guava paste, cut into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
For Cream Cheese Icing:
- Whip cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add powdered sugar and whip until fluffy.
- Add heavy cream and beat until mixed. Set aside.
For Cream Cheese Filling:
- Place cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Whip until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and mix until fluffy. Set aside.
For Guava Sauce:
- Combine guava paste and water in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, until thick syrup forms.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
For Egg Custard:
- Combine milk, cream, eggs, and vanilla paste in medium bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Set aside.
For French Toast:
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat, until butter is melted.
- Dip 2 slices of brioche in egg custard, making sure to coat both sides of bread. Remove from custard and place on hot skillet.
- Cook for 2 minutes, until golden brown. Turn brioche over. Place 1/4 of the cream cheese filling on one piece of bread and 2 slices of guava paste on the other. Cook for one minute. Reduce heat to low and press guava paste and cream cheese filling sides together. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until fillings begin to melt.
- Place on a plate and top with guava sauce, cream cheese icing, and strawberries.
- Repeat with remaining slices of brioche.
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Have you ever had the Cream Cheese and Guava Stuffed French Toast before? Let us know in the comments below!