Who else here is ready for a brunch date??
Even if we can’t talk about all the latest Disney news over a mimosa (rain check, friends??), you can still make one of our FAVORITE morning treats in your own kitchen!
We are BIG FANS of Garden Grill Restaurant in EPCOT with its array of yummy snacks for lunch AND dinner. Though Garden Grill isn’t currently serving breakfast, this dish is a winner when it’s available! So, we’re ready to get up early to make this Disney recipe for Chip’s Sticky Bun Bake with all that sweet cinnamon and icing!!
- 1 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
Sweet Cinnamon Dough
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 ounce fresh yeast/cake yeast/compressed yeast, crumbled (approximately 3 tablespoons loosely packed)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For cinnamon smear:
- Cream together margarine, cinnamon and brown sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping bowl after adding each egg. Mix well and place in refrigerator.
For sweet cinnamon dough:
- Heat milk in small sauce pan to 90 – 95 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from heat, add yeast, whisk until dissolved, then set aside.
- Mix sugar, butter, salt, cinnamon, eggs and flour in a large bowl, until smooth.
- Add yeast mixture slowly, stirring until dough comes easily away from sides of bowl.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place dough in a large bowl and cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let dough rest 10 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Coat bottom and sides of 12 inch cake pan or 9 x 13 inch pan with butter.
- Punch down dough, knead it a few times, roll out on a floured surface into a 15 by 10-inch rectangle.
- Spread cinnamon smear over dough. Roll up dough beginning at the 15-inch side and pinch edge together to seal.
- Cut into 1 inch slices, quarter each slice, then place pieces close together in pan.
- Cover and let dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix milk, confectioners’ sugar, softened butter and vanilla extract together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle over warm bun!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Is Chip’s Sticky Bun Bake one of your go-to breakfast items? Let us know in the comments below!