From Mickey beignets to Totchos, there’s no shortage of fun new Disney recipes to whip up in your kitchen. And now, Disney has released the recipe for a fun twist on s’mores that’s almost (keyword: almost) too cute to eat!
While you may be spending more time at home these days, adventure is out there even in your kitchen with these Up-inspired s’mores from Disney Family.
These sweet treats mimic the look of the iconic My Adventure Book from Up, and they’re pretty much the ideal thing to make before having a fun Disney+ movie night at home.
- 12 large, rectangular graham crackers
- 1-2 tsp vegetable oil (optional)
- Your favorite homemade marshmallow recipe
- 6 peanut butter candy melts
- 1 Tbsp each of purple, red, blue, and white icing
- 12 oz. of chocolate bar or chocolate candy coating, melted
- Red fruit leather or fruit tape
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp each of tan, yellow, orange, and black icing
- 7 piping bags fitted with #1 or #2 tips (for each of the colored icings), 1 piping bag fitted with #44 tip (for the white icing), toothpicks
- Make the covers. Using a serrated knife, cut 2 inches off the length of each graham cracker. The remaining cracker should be 2 x 3 inches. Dip each cracker in melted chocolate, thinning the chocolate with oil if needed. Allow to set.
- Create the binding. To create the book binding, cut out a 2 x ½-inch strip of red fruit leather. Use a dab of melted chocolate to attach this on the left side of each “book cover” cracker.
- Make the marshmallows. Make the marshmallows according to your favorite recipe. Pour the marshmallow mixture into a 9 x 13-inch pan heavily dusted with powdered sugar. Fill the pan evenly to a depth of ½ inch. Allow to set. Use a long, thin knife brushed with oil to cut out 6 rectangles of marshmallow, each measuring 2 x 3 inches.
- Decorate with details. Use the tan colored icing to draw square and circular borders on each “book cover.” Flat side facing up, attach a peanut butter candy melt chip under the text area. Use black icing and a toothpick to lightly draw the shape of North and South America. Write “My Adventure Book” with colored icing fitted into piping bags. Pipe a black icing ribbon tie atop the red fruit leather “binding.” To finish, pipe a thick line of white icing “tape” on the top left side of the globe.
- Enjoy your s’mores! Place a cut marshmallow in between one “book cover” graham cracker and one plain, chocolate-dipped graham cracker. You can toast the marshmallows or just enjoy them plain.
After you make these decorative s’mores, make sure you take a few photos for your personal Adventure Book! And if you’re feeling inspired, then you can try your hand at more s’mores-inspired recipes like these Mickey S’mores Cupcakes and the S’mores Bake from the now-defunct Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue in Disneyland.
Just make sure no matter what s’mores recipe you make, that you remember to have fun!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Will you be making these Up-themed s’mores?! Let us know in the comments!