A while back, Disney announced that the Festival of the Arts will run from January 14th-February 21st, 2022, and you know we’ll be there to experience all the excitement! Since then, Disney has revealed some of the offerings that are returning to the festival, and we’ve got the full list.
First, they announced that the Disney on Broadway Concert Series is coming back! This is a big update since the concert series was canceled for health and safety precautions last year. We also got a full list of performers and dates, plus the details on the return of the Disney on Broadway Concert Series Dining Packages.
But besides the concert series, you’ll still be able to enjoy your favorite food items and beverages (and some new ones!) from the Food Studios around the World Showcase.
And if you want to take your eating to the next level, try out The Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine, “a fun food stroll featuring five delicious sweet and savory treats.”
This year, the Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine will feature foods from around the World Showcase, each representative of a color of the rainbow. Here’s what you can expect to see on the list:
- Red: Blood Orange-braised Beet Carpaccio with Mustard Vinaigrette, Pickled Clamshell Mushrooms, Golden Beets and Crostini — Gourmet Landscapes
- Green: Deconstructed Key Lime Pie featuring flexible Key Lime Curd, “Key Lime” Mousse, Graham Cracker Cake and Meringues — The Deconstructed Dish
- Yellow: House-made Chorizo and Potato Empanada with Turmeric Aïoli and Annatto Aïoli — Vibrante & Vívido: Encanto Cocina
- Orange: Pan-seared Scallops with Vanilla-Butternut Squash Purée, Brown Butter Cauliflower Purée and Lime Foam — The Artist’s Table
- Pink: Vanilla Donut with Strawberry Sugar, Strawberry Ice Cream, Fresh Strawberries and Strawberry Gelée — The Donut Box
- Reward: The Artist Palette Cookie
As far as activities go, you’ll find fun photo ops with classic pieces of famous artwork around the park. Here are all the places you can snap a creative photo:
- An homage to Frida Kahlo in the Mexico Pavilion
- Birth of Venus by Sandro Botticelli in the Italy Pavilion Courtyard
- Café Terrace at Night and Sunflowers by Vincent van Gogh on the bridge to World Showcase
- Luncheon of the Boating Party by Pierre-Auguste Renoir at International Gateway
- Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci between the Italy Pavilion and the Germany Pavilion
- Peter Pan Storybook on the bridge to World Showcase
- The Scream by Edvard Munch between the Italy Pavilion and the Germany Pavilion
- Washington Crossing the Delaware by Emanuel Gottlieb Leutze at The American Adventure Pavilion
You’ll also find intricate chalk drawings on the walkways…just make sure to catch them before it rains! The popular paint-by-number mural will also be available once again, as well as Figment’s Brush with the Masters Scavenger Hunt. With this hunt, you’ll purchase a map from Port of Entry, Creations Shop, or World Traveler for $9.99 and search for Figment hiding in paintings around the park! Once you find them all, you’ll get a prize.
All around the World Showcase, make sure to look out for chalk drawings of Disney characters, including fan favorites like Abu and Jiminy Cricket. And the Animation Academy is coming back to the America Gardens Theater, with daily shows at 12:30PM and 1:30PM.
As usual, you’ll find performance and visual artists stationed throughout the festival sharing their talents, and there will be plenty of festival-themed merchandise to shop. We can’t wait to check it out!
And if you’re hoping to purchase some artwork, make sure to check out the artist galleries stationed around the park, each showcasing some unique styles. At the 2022 festival, you’ll find the following:
- ACME Archives — Glimpse mesmerizing artwork inspired by the entertainment industry.
- Disney Fine Art by Collectors Editions — Feast your eyes on magnificent artwork inspired by timeless Disney animation.
- Disney Art Festival Market — Enjoy artwork featuring a variety of artistic styles and media created by Disney Cast Members and visiting artists.
- James Coleman Studios — See artwork created by a former Disney animator—now bringing his magic to spectacular pieces you can enjoy at home.
- POP Gallery — View one-of-a-kind works by innovative artists, showcasing a variety of styles and subject matter.
- Thomas Kinkade Studios — Behold enchanting paintings of classic and timeless Disney stories.
- WonderGround Gallery — See favorite Disney characters and themes brought to life with inventive styles.
- Wyland Galleries — Discover depictions of Disney and nature by world-renowned artists in a variety of distinctive styles.
All in all, that’s 12 things that we know we’ll be able to do and enjoy during this upcoming fest! Stay tuned to DFB for more details on the festival as soon as they are revealed!
Are you going to Disney World during the Festival of the Arts dates? Let us know in the comments!