Anyone up for some black pepper ice cream? Or would you prefer an olive oil–flavored scoop? Believe it or not, these flavors are available (and quite popular) at Disney World’s newest ice cream shop.
Salt & Straw just opened its newest location in Disney Springs, and it brought some very unsual flavors with it. Now, we’ve got the EXCLUSIVE inside scoop (pardon the pun) on the new flavors coming to this spot in May!
When you head into Salt & Straw in Disney Springs (located on the West Side, near Jaleo and Everglazed Donuts), you’ll find some classic ice cream flavors like Vanilla, Chocolate Gooey Brownie, and Sea Salt with Caramel Ribbons. But you’ll ALSO see some more exciting options, including Honey Lavender, Strawberry Honey Balsamic with Black Pepper, and The Salty Donut Guava + Cheese.
And those are just a few of the options on the year-round menu here. There’s also a seasonal menu, which changes every month. In April, the flavors were inspired by stories that kids made up, with options like The Ice Cream of Moo and The Adventurous Llamanaut. If you want to try those flavors, be sure you visit soon! Because this menu is about to change.
We’ve got an exclusive look at the NEW flavors coming to Salt & Straw’s limited-edition menu soon! (Note that the seasonal flavors usually change on the first Friday of every month.) The seasonal flavors for May are all about florals, and the menu itself is called “Flower Power.”
Here’s what you can expect to see when the menu updates for May:
- Jasmine Milk Tea & Chocolate Almond Stracciatella — a “delectably simple” jasmine tea ice cream with chocolate almond stracciatella
- Pistachio Rose Water with Strawberry Mochi — a nutty pistachio ice cream with homemade strawberry mochi and swirls of rosewater white chocolate
- Rhubarb Crumbles with Toasted Anise — a vanilla ice cream with ribbons of homemade rhubarb jam, loaded with toasted anise crumble
- Saffron & Honey with Crystalized Flower Petals — a honey and saffron ice cream with candied cornflower petals
- Mathilde’s Hibiscus & Coconut Sherbert (v) — a coconut cream–infused sherbert with Hibiscus & Ginger Brew from Mathilde’s Kitchen.
Those sound like the perfect flavors to celebrate the spring season. We can’t wait to give them a try when they arrive next month! Keep following DFB, because we’ll be checking out these new flavors (and all new Disney World treats!) and bringing you a full review.
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Which of the new flavors are you most excited to try? Let us know in the comments.