This week, all! The 2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival kicks off THIS WEEK!
It seems like we’ve been counting down, bringing you previews, and talking about it forever, so it will be so fun to hit the ground and begin trying all of the new dishes and returning favorites!
And this year, the festival has been extended to a record 53 days. That’s more than seven weeks to experience this great event.
Today, let’s take a closer look at a couple favorites…
Hops & Barley Marketplace Booth
Originally introduced in 2005, the Hops & Barley Booth serves as the upscale taste of American food for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. You’ll find the extra large kiosk situated in the courtyard of the America Pavilion.
While the marketplace began as a celebration of New England food and Samuel Adams beer, they’ve widened the scope a bit with food and beverages from all across the country.
And, as the name implies, there are a few different beers to sample here. But while the booth has been all about Sam Adams beer in the past, now you can sample other craft brews as well as wine.
2014 Hop & Barley Marketplace Booth Menu
- Artisan Cheese Plate featuring Cabot Cloth Wrapped Cheddar, Purple Haze Chèvre Goat Cheese and Cave Man Blue Cheese
- Baked Lobster Alfredo
- Florida Grass Fed Beef Slider with Pimento Cheese
- Fresh Baked Carrot Cake with Craisins® and Cream Cheese Icing
- Samuel Adams® Octoberfest
- New Belgium Brewing Company Snapshot
- Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat®
- Leinenkugel’s Seasonal Shandy
- La Crema Sonoma Coast Chardonnay
- Julia’s Vineyard Pinot Noir, Cambria Estate Winery
- Beer flight (featuring 4 4-ounce servings): Samuel Adams Octoberfest, New Belgium Snapshot, Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat and Leinenkugel’s Seasonal Shandy
The trio includes some familiar faces from cheese plates around Walt Disney World, including Purple Haze Chèvre Goat Cheese and Cave Man Blue Cheese.
Also migrating from another marketplace is the Florida Grass Fed Beef Slider. The burger was previously featured at the Florida Local Booth. But for 2014, Florida Local has morphed into Farm Fresh.
The Mini Burger gets new life with a fun new topping — Pimento Cheese! Creamy and spicy, this is a great addition to the lineup here!
We’ve looked forward to Lobster dishes at Hops & Barley in the past. This year, we’re happy to say that it returns once more! Find it in the [Read more…]