But if you EVER happen to time your trip during the return of the Peanut Butter Pretzel Gourmet Treats, then run — seriously, tout suite — to your nearest Candy Kitchen (Candy Palace and Pooh Corner in Disneyland, Trolley Treats in Disney California Adventure, and Marceline’s Confectionery in Downtown Disney). Do not pause — not even to thank me for pointing you in their direction. Just get there and grab one! [Read more…]
Here’s an iconic Disney snack that you can put #OnTheList whether you’re in Disney World OR Disneyland. And no matter which coast you’re on, you’ll find them practically everywhere… and that’s a VERY good thing when we’re talking about Mickey Rice Krispy Treats!
Don’t let those winter doldrums get you down – we’re here with the best Disney food news of the week to cheer you up! If you’re looking to add a little extra spring in your step we suggest stopping by our @DisneyFoodBlog Periscope account for some Disney Parks fun! You never know where we might be!
This is the perfect time of year for comfort food – especially for breakfast – and we recently shared a recipe for a great cinnamon roll! Chip’s Sticky Bun Bake from Epcot’s Garden Grill is the perfect way to start your morning (while you read the DFB, of course).
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- The Third Annual Field to Feast Dinner has been announced and Minnie’s Silver Screen Dine is taking place through March!
- Construction of Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land means attraction and dining closures coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- We checked out lunch at Tortuga Tavern in the Magic Kingdom.
- Do you ever wonder what are the best two-credit restaurants on the Disney Dining Plan? We have some recommendations.
- A fun Wine & Canvas event is planned at Wolfgang Puck Cafe in Disney Springs!
- We found comfort food and a great atmosphere at Olivia’s Cafe at Disney’s Old Key West Resort.
- Have you indulged in the gourmet Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie treats at Disneyland this month? Yum!
The Disneyland Resort changes their gourmet treats monthly. The gourmet treat trio usually includes a Marshmallow Wand, a Caramel Apple, and a Mickey Crispy Treat. Sometimes there is a bonus item like a packaged chocolate bark! January’s flavor of the month is Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie and it’s amazing.
My take home project included the Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Marshmallow Wand, a Mickey Crispy, and the Chocolate Bark. Let’s start with my very favorite of the three: the Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Bark. This stuff is 100% addicting. If you are a peanut butter fan, you’ll probably want to keep the entire 7 ounces to yourself and not share one single bite. [Read more…]