Best of the Fest: 2010 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Favorites

In honor of the 2010 Epcot Food and Wine Festival‘s final weekend, I’d like to rattle off a few of my favorite dishes from this year’s 15th Anniversary Event World Showcase Promenade! To see menus, pricing, and more food photos from the Festival, check out our Booth Pages!

Puerto Rico: Medianoche Sandwich and Bacardi Frozen Torched Cherry Colada
The Puerto Rico booth packs a punch this year, with just about everything on the menu being crave-worthy! We particularly loved the Medianoche Sandwich, partly for its name and partly for its incredible, savory taste. What a great mix of flavors!

The perfect accompaniment: a Frozen Torched Cherry Colada. A creamy, icy, sweet treat, this had a very distinctive flavor and texture — truly a winner.

medianoche sandwich

Bacardi Frozen Torched Cherry Colada

Canada: Chicken Chipotle Sausage with Sweet Corn Polenta and Nanaimo Bar
The Canada booth remains my favorite from the festival. The Chicken Chipotle Sausage (a miniature of the appetizer at Le Cellier) and Nanaimo Bar were two great flavor winners at the booth this year. In fact, the extra peppers on the sausage and polenta dish gave it a fantastic spicy bite that made it taste better to me there than it has in the restaurant!

Chicken Chipotle Sausage and Sweet Corn Polenta

Nanaimo Bar

Belgium
The Belgium booth stormed in with an array of tasty treats this year, and the one that sticks in my mind is that longed-for Belgian Waffle! The sweet, soft-on-the-inside, crisp-on-the-outside waffle topped with sweet-tart berries and whipped cream made for a wonderful way to start — or end — the day!

Waffles with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream

Do you have favorites from the Festival this year? Let us know your #1 (and #2, 3, and 4 if you’ve got ‘em!) dishes from your visit! To see more of our coverage from the Festival, check out our Epcot Food and Wine Festival Index!

1. Kelly says:

#1 Tuna Sensation from Japan
    #2 Lettuce Wrap from S Korea
    #3 Nainamo Bar from Canada
    #4 Cosmo Slush :)

2. Janet says:

#1 Esquites from Mexico!
    #2 Shimp Cake from Singapore

3. Evan says:

I’m excited to get there this weekend. Been craving some of this stuff for weeks already.

4. Mike says:

Lobster and Scallop fishermans pie from Ireland #1.

5. Katie says:

Oh gosh! Just 4? I should qualify- I don’t eat beef or pork, and I’m not a big seafood fan. (In my defense, I did try two different shrimp dishes, the mussels, and the fishermans pie. Tt’s a texture thing…)

Overall booth- Greece (Spanakopita and Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki were fantastic!)
    Cheese- Cheese fondue
    Dessert- Lava cake from Ireland, Belgan waffle
    Honorable mention- I didn’t eat the beef, but tried the potato base with the chimichurri sauce at Argentina. I could eat that sauce all day!
    Adult Beverage- Brewer’s Collection (Marzen and Octoberfest were my favorites, also good: Schofferhofer Weizen and Radeberger Pilsner)

6. Brenda says:

Tuna Sensation from Japan
    Medianoche Sandwich from Puerto Rico (shared a lot of these over 12 days!)
    Tamal de Pollo and Frozen Passion Fruit Margarita from Mexico
    Extraordinarily Happy Lychee from China
    The Entire Brewer’s Collection
    Seared Barramundi from Australia
    Godiva Iced Coffee from Belgium
    Chicken Souvaki from Greece
    Lamb Slider from New Zealand (and I don’t usually care for lamb)

7. My take might differ a bit from many of yours, as I’m a vegetarian. (Trust me, there’s plenty to sample around the world…just harder to make a meal at any one place and there’s a lot of sweets to nosh on.)

#1 Greece: For the most options and a tasty spanokopita
    #2: Belgium: The waffles, of course, and the Godiva chocolate liqueur iced coffee
    #3 Ireland: Hearty cheese plate & chutney, chocolate lava cake and the honey meade wine
    #4 Mexico: Esquites tied with Argentina’s roasted corn and cheese empanada.

I could give a whole list of drinks I enjoyed, but two stand out to me. The Singapore Sling, which I didn’t enjoy and the sake, which I did. They were both new-ish drinks to me. I enjoyed trying both. In general, I really enjoyed trying the foods and drinks that didn’t work for me or failed. That, to me, is one of the big delights of the festival; moving out of my comfort zones. And I so appreciate the booths that try something new or unpredictable.

I’ll have to get my Disney foodie partner-in-crime’s favorites now!

8. Bob says:

#3 The Dessert Trio from Desserts and Champagne
    #4 Pork Skewer with Farofa from Brazil

10. Erika says:

seared tuna from Spain
    Tuna sensation from Japan
    grilled lamb chop from Australia
    Fisherman stew and lava cake from Ireland
    cherry colada drink from Puerto RIco

11. Galloping Gourmand says:

I’ll shoot out a top 3:

#3 Falafel Pita Pocket. I think it was the memory of a good conversation with an old friend more than the food, but sharing a meal can be as important as the food itself.
    #2 Lettuce Wraps with Roast Pork and Kimchi Slaw.
    My easy #1 is the Seared Barramiundi in Australia. Simply done and flavorful – it presented the fish as-is.

12. Celia says:

Heading back tomorrow to finish up the festival but there were the best for me when I was there 2 weeks ago.

Food
    #4 Black Pepper Shrimp – China
    #3 Lettuce Wrap – South Korea
    #2 Grilled beef Skewer – Argentina
    #1 Fisherman’s pie – Ireland

Drinks
    #4 Frozen Caipirinha – Brazil
    #3 Torched Cherry Colada – Puerto Rico
    #2 Honey Meade – Ireland
    #1 Cosmo Slush – France

13. Theresa Sheingold says:

Thanks for all the great info AJ. Just got back from Epcot. My vote definitely goes to the Fisherman’s pie from Ireland! We also had an awesome time at the Party for the Senses!!!

14. Edmoe says:

Our perennial favorites are:
    1. Braised short ribs from France
    2. Fisherman’s pie from Ireland (with an honorable mention to the cheese plate)

We have added a new favorite to the list:
    3. Belgian Waffle and Beer from Belgium.

When we go back this weekend I’ll definitely try:
    Medianoche sandwich
    Chicken Chipotle Sausage and Sweet Corn Polenta

Thanks for the suggestions!

15. Leigh says:

I totally agree with your picks! I think the chicken chipotle sausage/polenta dish was one of the better values for the amount of food you got, too.

16. Heather says:

#1. Grilled Beef Skewer in Argentina. I want to go back to F&W next year for this alone!

#2. Grilled Lamb Chop in Australia. My mom & I shared most of the food we got at F&W. This is the only thing after taking one bit, my mom went to get her own so we wouldn’t have to share!

#3. Bacardi Frozen Torched Cherry Colada in Puerto Rico. I think I told everyone about this the rest of the day, I wish they’d have it all the time! Thanks to you & twitter I know I’m not the only one who *loves* it.

#4. Seared Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potato Purèe in South Africa.

Also loved the Belgium waffles (was looking forward to that since you first posted pics!) and my mom loved the Godiva Chocolate Iced Coffee from the same country. But you said only top 4, so I had to stop there. ;)

17. pap says:

#1 The waffle from Belgium
    #2 The sliders from New Zealand
    #3 The beef skewer from Argentina
    #4 Cosmo slush from France

noms!

18. Ann says:

Ok so this year’s F&W Fest is a wrap but I’m still longing for a Bacardi Frozen Torched Cherry Colada. I’m not much of a drinker but I could have this anytime.. Smooth & creamy.
    As far as dishes go, our first stop was in Chile & at the end of the night, I went back for another serving of the Shrimp Ceviche & Beef & Corn Pie.
    Now onto google to try & find recipes for all of these dishes :)