For those of you who plan your Walt Disney World vacation around your gastronomical dreams, you may want to take note of the restaurants listed in this year’s 13th Annual Foodie Awards by the Orlando Sentinel.
Readers and critics chose these restaurants for their outstanding cuisine, and with five of the restaurants located within the WDW theme parks, you’ll need park admission and an Advance Dining Reservation to cast your vote for best meal. Check them out here!
- Biergarten Restaurant, Epcot: Runner Up for Readers’ Choice — German
- Boma – Flavors of Africa, Animal Kingdom Lodge: Readers’ Choice — African/Soul/Caribbean
- Bull & Bear Steakhouse, Waldorf Astoria Orlando: Critic’s Choice — Steakhouse
- Jiko – The Cooking Place, Animal Kingdom Lodge: Runner Up for Readers’ Choice — African/Soul/Caribbean
- La Luce, Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek: Critic’s Choice — Hotel Restaurant
- Le Cellier Steakhouse, Epcot: Runner Up for Readers’ Choice — Theme-Park Restaurant
- Les Chefs des France, Epcot: Runner Up for Readers’ Choice — French
- The Hollywood Brown Derby, Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Runner Up for Readers’ Choice — Theme-Park Restaurant
- Via Napoli, Epcot: Critic’s Choice — Theme-Park Restaurant
- Victoria & Albert’s, Grand Floridian Resort and Spa: Readers’ Choice — Romantic
As you can see, several hotel restaurants were mentioned as well! The Grand Floridian and Animal Kingdom Lodge are Disney-owned hotels that offer inspired menus and ambiance. And garnering the attention of locals and tourists alike, the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek and Waldorf Astoria Orlando hotels opened in October 2009 offering elegant dining options. While Foodies need no reason to seek out a fine meal, dining at a hotel restaurant is a great way to celebrate your first night at Walt Disney World.
So which ones have you tried, and what do you recommend?