BUT many of our favorite restaurants are found at the over 20 Disney World resort hotels! Today, we’re going to tell you about the best meals you can get without ever leaving your resort.
We totally get it — Disney world is WAY expensive no matter how you shake it, so it’s hard to try and justify shelling out your hard-earned cash for something ELSE on top of the oodles of money you’re already spending. But, at least one of these options MAY make sense for you…and we’re going to take you through a few potential options that could make your trip that much more magical.
What’s better than celebrating the start of a new year? Celebrating at Walt Disney World, of course!
Joining the lineup of New Year’s Eve events at Disney’s Contemporary Resort and the Riviera Resort are several other parties around Disney World property.
We’re often struck by the interesting names Walt Disney World devises for attractions, rides, and restaurants, and we know lots of you are, too. So we’re taking a look at some of the most clever Disney World restaurant names — and why they’re called that!
‘Ohana — Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
If you haven’t visited this popular table service restaurant in the Great Ceremonial House at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, you might think the name comes from Disney’s animated hit Lilo & Stitch, but in truth, the restaurant came first! [Read more…]
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
The menus are out for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival! Find out EVERYTHING you need to know about the festival on our Epcot Food and Wine Festival pages! PLUS – check out our PREVIEW of all the new eats and more at the Festival!
Pixar Fest is ON at Disneyland Resort! This fun festival runs through September 3! Click here to get a checklist for ALL the food at Pixar Fest and see our review!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- We have a PREVIEW of the 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- Check out all the NEW Halloween merchandise at Disney World!
- We have an update on the new TRON attraction at the Magic Kingdom.
- The August Burger of the Month is now available at The Edison.
- We checked out what’s NEW at Disney Springs this week!
- We have a sneak preview of the finisher medals for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon races.
- Disney resort Refillable Mugs are getting a Halloween makeover!
- We reviewed Victoria & Albert’s and shared if it’s still worth the money!
- Check out all the NEW Halloween food-themed merchandise coming to the Disney Parks.
- Tangaroa Terrace at the Disneyland Hotel is closing for refurbishment!
- We shared some Disney back-to-school styles you’ll want to check out!
- The Great Irish Hooley is returning to Raglan Road on Labor Day Weekend!
- Dole Whip Eclairs are on the menu at Amorette’s Patisserie in Disney Springs!
- We shared some tips on how to predict when Disney discounts will be announced.
- Epcot’s Frozen Ever After Dessert Party now available for booking into December!
- Check out the new Bubble Waffles from AristoCrepes in Disney Springs.
- We shared some money-saving tips from the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining.
- Check out Hot Dog of the Month from Casey’s Corner in the Magic Kingdom!
- The Edison is hosting a Gatsby Evening during Labor Day Weekend!
- Check out the new food truck rolling into Disney Springs this month.
- We checked out what’s NEW at Epcot this week!
- We have a sneak preview of Halloween Time at Disneyland.
- There’s a new Mobile Order secret menu item at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe in the Magic Kingdom.
- We found another new milkshake – this time at the All Star Movies Resort.
- There are some new cocktails on the menu at House of Blues in Disney Springs.
- Terralina Crafted Italian is hosting a special event with Chef Tony Mantuano.
- Check out all the NEW merchandise at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- New DFB YouTube videos: The Best Pumpkin and Halloween Eats at Disney World, 7 Perfect Food Days at Disney World, Food Tour of Disney Springs – The Landing, Part 1, and Things YOU’LL Never Do Again at Disney World.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video: Things YOU’LL Never Do Again at Disney World
The World of Disney food is a complex and ever-changing one, and that makes keeping track of it all darn near impossible. That’s why you have us. 😉 Here we will unravel 21 of the most prolific Myths About Walt Disney World food!
1. The kids’ menu is only for kids.
Y’all, if your vacation is packed full of Advance Dining Reservations and tasty quick service joints, you’ll want to know that this myth doesn’t hold water. Anyone can order from the kids’ menu — and if you or your traveling companions have eyes that are bigger than your stomachs, the kids’ menu might be just right for you! Often you can find similar offerings, both common (like chicken nuggets at Columbia Harbour House) and not so common (like sustainable fish bowls at Satu’li Canteen).
Whether you’re looking to save stomach space, hate wasting food, or want to save a little money, don’t neglect the kids’ menu!
2. Only sit-down restaurants are high quality.
A total of nine dinners will be offered in the Delicious Disney, A Chef Series in 2017.
Unfamiliar with the Delicious Disney Series? These unique events offer guests the opportunity to enjoy culinary creations by Walt Disney World Resort Chefs — along with wine pairings — in a more intimate setting (capped at 60 guests).
The 2017 theme is “Storytelling with food,” and dates, times, locations, and themes are as follows: [Read more…]
If you’re a fan of Victoria and Albert’s then you might be super excited about this news — or totally bummed, maybe. 😉
Scott Hunnel, chef de cuisine at Victoria and Albert’s, has been promoted to Executive Chef at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa.
Today we are sharing a pictorial review of the new Victoria and Albert’s Ten Course Tasting Experience from guest photographer, Tom Welsh. Thanks, Tom!
Victoria and Albert’s Restaurant
Let’s take a closer look at a Chef’s Ten Course Tasting experience at Victoria and Albert’s. This award-winning restaurant at Disney World’s Grand Floridian Resort exudes elegance and is helmed by James Beard Award-nominee (again in 2016!) Chef Scott Hunnel.
We took the monorail over to the Grand Floridian Resort for our dinner at Victoria and Albert’s. Viviana and Sharon greeted us at the door with hugs for all. Sharon introduced her associate for the evening, Anita. We also met Elizabeth, the harpist. We selected the Chef’s Ten Course Tasting Menu with the recommended wine pairings. First came a lovely fruit punch with a little vodka.
The Amuse-Bouche was a Cauliflower Panna Cotta with Siberian Caviar and Tattinger Brut “La Francaise.”
The nine courses that followed were: (2) Roulade of Smoked Salmon and Alaskan King Crab with Chateau Rahoul Blanc, Graves 2011.
(3) Alaskan Sablefish with Baby Bok Choy and Lieu Dit Chenin Blanc, Santa Ynez Valley 2013.
(4) Scottish Langoustine with Nage Crema and Hanzell “Sebella” Chardonnay, Sonoma 2013.
(5) Truffled Bell & Evans Chicken with Hedgehogs (mushrooms) and Copain “Les Voisins” Pinot Noir, Anderson Valley 2011.
(6) Berkshire “Porchetta”, Sherry Vinaigrette and Arboldea Carmenere, Colchagua Valley 2009.
(7) Australian Kobe-Style Beef with Comte Potato Gnocchi and Chateau Rauzan-Segla “Segla,” Margaux 2008.
(8) Selection of Cheese from the Trolley with Quinta Do Crasto Late Bottled Vintage Port 2010.
(9) Green Apple Mousse with Sour Cream Ice Cream.
(10) Peruvian Chocolate Crunch.
We each had a pot: coffee for Lyd and tea for me.
Thanks for sharing your meal with us, Tom!
Is Victoria and Albert’s on your Disney Food bucket list? Let us know in the comments below.
It’s been another busy week as we work to get you all of the information that’s coming out about the 2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
While we’ve learned more this week about new and returning Special Events, we also firmed up the official list of Marketplace Booths that will appear for the Festival’s 20th anniversary. And believe or not, a few other things happened as well. 🙂
Let’s do a brief recap of Disney Food News before we take a look around at what else is new this week.
Disney Food News
- We kicked off the week by attending the Tables in Wonderland Food and Wine Festival sneak preview event, and learned tons of details about Special Events and other ways that the Festival will celebrate its 20th anniversary.
- A day after the Tables in Wonderland sneak preview, we brought you even more details about the 2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
- Victoria and Albert’s has rolled out a new 10-course Chef’s Degustation Menu.
- Rumors are swirling that Minnie’s Holiday & Dine Dinner may be coming to Hollywood & Vine.
- We shared the full list of confirmed Food and Wine Festival Marketplace Booths as well as the full Menus!
- With all of the latest Food and Wine Festival news, we’ve been getting a lot of [Read more…]