Homemade Ice Cream Sandwich Available at New Location in Disney’s Animal Kingdom

Great news! You can now get one of my favorite Disney World treats at TWO spots in Disney’s Animal Kingdom!

Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich

Those incredible homemade ice cream sandwiches — yummy ice cream sandwiched between two humongous cookies — are still available at Dino Bites in Dinoland; but now you can find them at the ice cream kiosk near the entrance to Africa from Discovery Island as well.

This Ice Cream Kiosk Now Sells Ice Cream Sandwiches!

This location only sells a hand full of ice cream treats and bottled drinks, so it should be a quick wait in line! And while the menu board says they’re available with vanilla ice cream, I’m betting you can substitute any of the other flavors listed on the board. :-)

Menu - Click to Enlarge

After all, you can customize your ice cream sandwiches everywhere else — why not here? (I love that these are coming with Birthday Cake ice cream at the moment at Magic Kingdom’s Sleepy Hollow Refreshments!)

Fantastic homemade ice cream sandwich

And remember — you can snag one of these for just the cost of a Disney Dining Plan snack credit!! Yowza!!

(By the way — I’ll have a review of that Bugs in Dirt Sundae coming up soon! Stay tuned…)

Have you tried the homemade ice cream sandwich in Disney World? What’s your favorite flavor? Let us know in the comments below!

1. Ian says:

Is the Haagen-Dazs new too? I never noticed that before, always thought it was Edy’s.

Ian — Haagen-Dazs and Edy’s are the same company, so the ice cream will be similar. :-)

3. Pudge the Fish says:

Side note: Haagen Dazs..totally made up word! :)

4. Safari Mike says:

Yummy. I cant wait to get these

5. Amy says:

Yum! I am adding this kiosk to my must-see (must-eat?) list right now.

6. Marlene says:

Haagen Dazs is a “super-premium” brand (high butterfat/lower volume of air mixed in) ice cream.

Edy’s (Dreyer’s) is a “slow churned” brand (lower butterfat/higher volume of air mixed in) ice cream.

Both are Nestlé products (as are most of the coffee, tea, hot chocolate, ice cream bars, etc in WDW).

Does a Haagen Dazs ice cream sandwich cost more than an Edy’s ice cream sandwich at the other WDW locations?

Pudge — You’re like walking Jeopardy!

Safari Mike — Great!

Amy — Ha ha! It’s worth it if you haven’t tried a homemade ice cream sammich at Disney World before!

Marlene — Thanks for the details! Looks like the sandwiches cost the same.

8. GF says:

LOVE the ice cream sandwich cookie sandwich..cookie.. thing. If our first trip to Magic Kingdom is any time after 10 AM I head left from Main Street to get one first thing. If not, I’ll grab one later while we watch the parade. Glad to hear their greatness is spreading throughout the parks.

9. Karen says:

YES!!!!!!!!! I ate one at the Main Street USA Bakery…. I should rather say, TRIED to eat it, it was massive! I simply couldn’t finish it – can’t believe it was a snack credit on the DDP.
    I had the sugar cookie with sprinkles and it was way too sweet for me. Next time (January 2013), I’ll be getting the chocolate chip cookie. Probably still only make it half way through, but I’ll do my best.

10. James says:

Always good to see my favorite Disney snack appearing at another location in The World, but I still only buy them from the Main Street Bakery and I still only eat them on East Center Street. ;-)

11. Steven says:

James – You will NOT be able to buy them at Main Street Bakery … it will be a Starbucks … serving their own retail scones and dried up crap. Anything with a Disney logo will be made off premises. Unfortunate!