News! Dole Whip Arriving at Disney’s Animal Kingdom

Um…GET THIS!!!!!

Tamu Tamu Refreshments in Animal Kingdom’s Africa offers two things: Cold Drinks!

Tamu Tamu Refreshments

Tamu Tamu Refreshments

And Good Eats!

Tamu Tamu Refreshments

Tamu Tamu Refreshments

Well, things  are about to get a little colder and good…er (?!?). Because starting THIS WEEKEND, Tamu Tamu Refreshments is serving up DOLE WHIPS!!

Dole Whip!!

Dole Whip!!

DOLE WHIPS AT ANIMAL KINGDOM?! WHAAAAAAAAAT?!?

That’s right, friends… you read correctly. Just as Dole Whips have departed the Pineapple Promenade at Epcot with the ending of this year’s Flower & Garden Festival, they’re making their arrival at Tamu Tamu Refreshments!

Tamu Tamu Refreshments

Tamu Tamu Refreshments

Here’s the scoop! No floats here, a la Aloha Isle – the ultimate Dole Whip location. BUT you will have the option to spike your Dole Whip with alcohol (if you’re 21-or-over, of course)!

Choices are the same as at the 2014 Flower & Garden Festival’s Pineapple Promenade booth: dark rum or coconut rum.

Dole Whips with rum at Epcot's Flower & Garden Festival

Dole Whips with rum at Epcot’s Flower & Garden Festival

Based on the prices, we’re thinking sizes will be similar to the smaller Dole Whips served at the Festival. We understand that a regular Dole Whip will be $3.79 (without tax), and a Dole Whip topped with alcohol will be $6.09. The non-alcoholic Dole Whips will be eligible as snack credits on the Disney Dining Plan.

It’s a little hard to wrap my head around this beloved Magic Kingdom signature treat in another park… I don’t really know why. But, hey, I sure won’t complain about more DOLE WHIP in the world (or “the World,” for that matter).

And since we’re down one Dole Whip location as the Polynesian’s Captain Cook’s is currently under refurbishment, I think this is good news. (And we eagerly await the new Pineapple Lanai kiosk at the Polynesian opening later this year, which is where Poly guests will be able to get their Dole Whip fix from then on!)

With this news, and the Harambe Theater (new home to the Festival of The Lion King) opening in June, Animal Kingdom starts out the summer delivering a one-two punch… and we can’t wait to see what else is in store!

Dole Whips in Animal Kingdom… whaddya think? Please let us know with a comment!

Comments

1. Dan sides says

Now they need to allow Dole Whips at the new Starbucks. Imagine those possibilities

WOW! This is great news! Can’t wait to try a Dole Whip with coconut rum in the Animal Kingdom. I think it’s a great match :)

3. Donna says

Are they offering both the pineapple and orange versions? I guess this is ONE way to perk up park attendance!

What ingredients are in the Dole Whip? How much sugar, fat, calories? Does it contain High fructose corn syrup or any GMO dairy products? Thank you so much in advance for your reply. :).

5. Renea says

How much are the spiked versions? I assume I can get a plain one with a snack credit, but that the spiked ones are not eligible for snack credits.

6. Kelley says

I tried it with the spiced rum at F&G … YUMMY!!! I think it’s great news!!! (Dole Whip is not a sacred snack at all … they have it at our local Orange Leaf frozen yogurt shop.)

Do you know if the Dole Whip at Animal Kingdom will be considered gluten free. I asked at the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival and was told that it was not gluten free, which is weird considering that it should be arriving gluten free from the manufacturer. Thanks!

8. Jason says

Now if they would bring over the sweet potato cinnamon waffle to put it on. That was the highlight of our last Epcot trip.

Uh oh. Just had someone post on our share of this article on Facebook that they went to AK to try this yesterday and it is actually NOT Dole Whip, but instead a different pineapple soft serve? Anyone else get a chance to try it out? Why would they do this to us?!

10. Psac says

The article said it was the same as the Epcot cart. That wasn’t branded as “Dole Whip” either, just as Pinapple Soft Serve. It sounds like this is the same. Maybe it’s close?

11. huskerfan says

I would go to Magic Kingdom just for a Dole Whip–now I can get my animal fix and a Dole Whip as well—heaven!!!

Thank you to all who love DOLE Soft Serve used in the DOLE Whip. Tamu Tamu Refreshments in Animal Kingdom has begun to sell Dole Pineapple Soft Serve. It IS the original! They are also offering it served with alcohol. This means that the pineapple soft serve at Tamu Tamu is gluten free! Every DOLE Soft Serve flavor is gluten free. To answer another question from above (Michelle Tahiri) DOLE Pineapple nutritional information can be found on our website, http://precisionfoods.com/foodservice/brands_details.cfm?itemid=52399. For 1/2 cup of soft serve, it has 20g of sugar, 0 fat, 90 calories. Also, our five fruit flavors are dairy free. Thanks loyal fans!

13. Cheryl says

Just went Dairy Free. So glad I don’t have to pass on my favorite snack at WDW!!!

14. Clare says

SandiC- we got one at Tamu Tamu on August 23rd so not sure. It was listed as Pineapple Soft Serve. Yummy!

My husband and I had pineapple Dole Whips at Tamu Tamu this weekend, and they might be our last. They were so fake tasting. What has happened to the ingredients in Dole Whip? Sugar is now that first ingredient, but my aunt was told about 20 years ago that Dole Whip did not contain sugar. Pineapple juice is way down the ingredients list, which is a pretty scary list to look at. I have been eating it since the 1970s, and this is no longer the same product. I doubt we will be ordering it again.

16. Gabi says

We had the pineapple soft serve with coconut rum at Tamu Tamu in Animal Kingdom last week. It was one of the best things we have ever had and are looking for a recipe to make at home! Yum!