News: One-Day Disney Dining Plan to Begin Testing in the Magic Kingdom

If you’re planning a visit to the Magic Kingdom from January 12 through February 22, 2017, you may be very interested to find out about a single-day Dining Plan that will enter a test phase in the park during those dates!

Cinderella Castle

Cinderella Castle

According to wdwmagic.com, Disney Dine-on-the-Go will be available for purchase throughout the test phase. Guests may purchase the plan at Magic Kingdom Vacation Planning Booths. While cost information is currently unavailable, it is anticipated that pricing will include both adult and child options. [Editor’s Note: since the original posting of this article, Disney has announced that the price will be $29.00 for adults, and $12.00 for children ages 3 to 9]

How will it work? Guests will receive certificates to use at participating Magic Kingdom Counter Service locations (table service is not included at this time).

Pecos Bill's Tall Tale Inn and Cafe

Pecos Bill’s Tall Tale Inn and Cafe

These certificates will entitle guests to one Counter Service Lunch meal, which will include one entree and one non-alcoholic single-serving beverage (for use until 4:00 pm), and one Counter Service Dinner meal, which will include one entree and one non-alcoholic single-serving beverage (for use from 4:00 pm to park close).

Barbecue Slaw Dog at Casey's Corner

Barbecue Slaw Dog at Casey’s Corner

The restaurants participating in the test will include Casey’s Corner, Columbia Harbour House, Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe, Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe, and Pinocchio Village Haus.

So, what do you think of this potential single-day dining option? We’d love to hear it!

Source: wdwmagic.com

Would you be interested in purchasing Disney Dine-on-the-Go? Please let us know your thoughts with a comment!

Comments

1. Torri Walton says

This is interesting to me as well! I don’t know how successful this will be but what I would love is a way to buy a dining plan even if you don’t stay in the on-property hotel. I love the food and love the dining plan so I’d like to get a dining plan and tickets but be able to stay off the property. Maybe they could make it where you get this as long as you buy park tickets for multiple days. It’d be nice!

2. Gigi says

This sounds very similar to the coupons they sold at some QS locations before the advent of the Quick Service Dining Plan. You got a counter service meal, drink and a snack for a little bit more than the price of just the counter service meal. They had adult and child options. DH and I got them at Pizzafari a few times. We would never buy a dining plan for our entire length of stay, but I would definitely get the one-day version.

3. Essie says

I’ll be curious to see the pricing and hear more info on this. If it has a benefit such as a snack for the day, it could be worthwhile at a price that’s a little lesser than out of pocket.

4. Patty says

Considering most offerings at those restaurants are under $15, you will end up paying more at $30 per adult, even with a beverage included.

5. Jean says

I don’t think I would save any money with this. I don’t always order the $14 option, and I’m usually fine with just drinking water. It would be nice if it included a snack credit, too, though.

6. Beth says

I am pretty sure that it would be more expensive than just paying out of pocket., Unless you order the most expensive item on the menu normally. Also does not include a dessert or snack, which the other Dining plan “Counter Service Meals ” per day do. I would be curious as to how many people fall for this, due to not knowing the prices.

This needs to include 1 snack or at least a dessert at the counter service. Otherwise it could end up costing you MORE money for the 1 day DDP.

8. John Bayles says

This in no way is a good deal you can eat cheaper at counter service meals, if they gave you a sit down and a counter service then maybe but not 2 counter service meals.

9. Andrew says

The purpose of a DDP is convenience, flexibility and value. Based on comments on several social media sites, the majority of people don’t find value in this one-day plan given the restaurant and meal options. The “perceived average meal cost” someone would pay is lower than the plan cost, itself. The majority of people people believe they would actually lose money and are irate because that’s not what the intended purpose of the DDP is.

There, end of story.

10. Jean says

One question is… Would they allow people to exchange the “drink” for a snack credit at that location? I noticed (in the fine print) that the new 2017 quick-service dining plan allows for this. It would be nice if this one-day dining plan did, too.

11. Mike V says

Alot of unanswered and questions to be raised from this release.
    Are there separate certificates for kids?
    Meaning can I buy a kids certificate for my 8 year old and buy from regular menu not kid menu?
    Dining plan still does not designate between the two.
    Do you have to buy for everyone in party?

12. Mike V says

Has anyone tried this yet?
    Speaking with a Disney rep they tell me that there are separate vouchers yo ureceive for adults and children.
    Unlike the dining plan where adult and child meals are not designated this plan requires a child to order from the child menu.
    I’d like to know if that’s the case….