News: Animal Kingdom Rivers of Light Dining Packages Now Available for Booking

Well, I don’t know which to be more excited about… the at-long-last arrival of the Rivers of Light Evening Spectacular debuting soon at Animal Kingdom, or the RIVERS OF LIGHT DINING PACKAGES that are now available for Advance Dining Reservations for meals beginning February 17, 2017!

river-of-lights-full-width

©Disney

Similar to the already-existing Fantasmic! Dining Packages available at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the new Rivers of Light Dining Packages allow guests to make a specific package reservation at select restaurants. The set price for your meal also includes seating for the show within a reserved section for everyone in your dining party (guests will receive seating vouchers at their meal).

The participating Animal Kingdom Restaurants will be Tusker House and Tiffins

Tusker House Restaurant

Tusker House Restaurant

Rivers of Light Dining Package prices and inclusions for Tusker House are as follows:

A Rivers of Light Dining Package for Breakfast will include the full buffet at a cost of $39.00 for adults, and $24.00 for children ages 3 to 9 (or one Table Service credit on the Disney Dining Plan), along with guaranteed seating in a reserved section for a showing of Rivers of Light.

A Rivers of Light Dining Package for Lunch or Dinner will include the full buffet at a cost of $52.00 for adults, and $32.00 for children ages 3 to 9 (or one Table Service credit on the Disney Dining Plan), along with guaranteed seating in a reserved section for a showing of Rivers of Light.

Per the Disney World website, “Guests must arrive to dine no later than 2 hours and thirty minutes prior to showtime.”

Mickey in Safari Costume at Tusker House

Mickey in Safari Costume at Tusker House

Rivers of Light Dining Package prices and inclusions for Tiffins are as follows:

A Rivers of Light Dining Package for Lunch or Dinner will include an appetizer, entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic beverage at a cost of $67.00 for adults, and $26.00 for children ages 3 to 9 not including tax and gratuity (or 2 Table Service Credits on the Disney Dining Plan), along with guaranteed seating for a showing of Rivers of Light.

Grand Gallery Lantern Wall at Tiffins inspired by Rivers of Light show

Grand Gallery Lantern Wall at Tiffins inspired by Rivers of Light show

Per the Disney World website, “Guests must arrive to dine no later than 3 prior to showtime.”

Also according to the guidelines on the Disney World website, “Your dining reservation will indicate which show you are booked for.” For instance, when we attempted to make a booking for Breakfast at Tusker House on February 17th, “ROL 1st Viewing” appeared automatically on the screen immediately after selecting a time, with no option for show time adjustments.

Screenshot from the Disney World website

Screenshot from the Disney World website

In any case, get ready to enjoy this HIGHLY anticipated show… AND your meal with the Rivers of Light Dining Package!

Are you excited to know that Rivers of Light will make its Animal Kingdom debut soon? Please let us know with a comment!

Comments

I just tried to book for August 3, and the website doesn’t have any booking dates yet for July or August. I called Disney, and they said its taking a while to get the dates all loaded into the system.

2. Tiffany says

I just tried to change our reservation for July but it is only able to book through June. I will have to keep trying back. We already have reservations for both Tiffins and Tusker House so I hope we can get it on one of those days.

3. Katherine Brown says

We happened to be at Disneyworld last weekend when they were doing the soft openings, and the show is phenomenal. We saw it February 12. It’s well worth whatever you have to do in order to see it. There didn’t look to be a bad seat in the house, so I don’t think Dinoland vs. Asis was better or worse, but we sat on the Asia side. They also have these blinky floating glowy Lotus blossom flowers that you can purchase in your drinks (so a water cost us $7.50-also worth it) and that make a great souvenir.

4. Tricia says

I was already planning to eat at Tusker House for lunch the day I go to Animal Kingdom to see this in September. I’ll be at that 180 ADR mark in a couple of days, but I noticed the booking calendar doesn’t have even the July/August dates, which should be up by now. Can I book normally through ADR from the Tusker House restaurant page or the Disney World App and then add the RoL viewing option later or do I need to book through the Dining Package page? Also, I was planning on using the Dining Plan (Tusker House is 1 TS credit). Can I still use the dining plan credit to cover my cost with the Dining Package or will it cost more than my 1 TS credit for this?

5. Sandra says

When can I book The Rivers of Light dining package for Tuskers House for the month of September 2017 and also Satu’li Canteen

6. Kelly Clay says

We are also looking to book on tuesday October 19th the dinner package for River of Lights. Are they doing this nightly or only certain days of the week?

7. Donna Donahue says

For the Rivers of Light dining package at Tiffins, do you know if you can choose from the full menu or is it a limited menu?

8. Tricia says

Was just able to book my Tusker House Lunch with 1st Viewing of Rivers of Light for a day in September. However, I just noticed that for Tiffins, the meal includes an appetizer… but if you use the dining plan, the credits don’t normally include appetizer, so if you use the dining plan credits, do you just not get the appetizer?

9. Tricia says

How much is the lunch buffet at Tusker House normally without the dining package? Curious how much extra the dining package cost over the regular price.

10. Steve H says

I’m wondering about being able to use a Table Service credit from the dining plan on this package. You say in the article that it is accepted but I cannot validate this anywhere on the Disney website nor in the dining plan brochure. Has it been confirmed with Disney that you can use the dining plan credits on this?

Steve H — Yes, Disney has confirmed this. It is on their website as well. If you look at the Rivers of Light Dining Package page on their website, and expand the “A Showstopping Delight” section, you’ll see that the restaurant comparison indicates that the packages are dining plan eligible. Best of luck!

12. JN says

Are they not having a Rivers of Light package after Oct 31, 2017? That’s the last date on the site right now.