So many of us could use a little taste of “home” right now, i.e. the Disney parks!
That’s why we’re excited to share another secret recipe with you today! Set your alarm clocks a little earlier tomorrow morning so you can wake up and make this exciting breakfast!
Thanks to Disney, we’ve just learned how to whip up one of our favorite treats from PCH Grill at Disneyland’s Paradise Pier Hotel — the famous Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Banana French Toast! And now we’re passing the delicious deets on to you!
This recipe will serve 4 hungry peeps and here are all the ingredients you’ll need!
- 8 thick slices of day-old challah bread
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup low-fat chocolate milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate syrup and powdered sugar, optional
Note: if you don’t have any challah, which is a traditional Jewish yeast bread, you can use brioche or just regular bread instead!
Once you’ve assembled everything you’ll need, here are the steps!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9x13x2-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and place in a large bowl. Slice bananas into 1/2-inch slices, and add to bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Combine peanut butter, eggs, chocolate milk, cinnamon, and salt in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture over bread mixture. Stir gently until bread cubes have absorbed egg mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Before serving, drizzle with chocolate syrup and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
And there you have it! You can enjoy some Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Banana French Toast in the comfort of your own home! Now if only we could invite Stitch over to help us polish this thing off — of course, we’d love it if he’d wear his Elvis suit since we know he’s a BIG fan of peanut butter and bananas!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Are you excited to make this recipe? Let us know in the comments below!