We’ve been baking up a storm recently with all those amazing Disney recipes (we’ve had Mickey Waffles like three times this week already).
And, while you’re singing and dancing around your kitchen as you cook, you’re going to want to pull out your best silverware and plates for this next delicious treat!
We’re inviting you to be our guest and make the famous Grey Stuff from Red Rose Taverne in Disneyland and Be Our Guest Restaurant in Disney World! Although we might not have enchanted kitchenware like in Beauty and the Beast, this dessert is still just as fun to make at home.
We already shared a similar recipe when we were pairing some delicious Disney treats with Disney films, but there’s no need to start and stop a video with these step-by-step instructions below!
- 1 1/2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 15 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 3 tablespoons instant chocolate pudding mix
- 12 scalloped sugar cookies
- Edible sugar pearls
- Pour milk into large mixing bowl. Add instant vanilla pudding mix and whisk for 2 minutes until smooth and slightly thickened. Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, until firm.
- Place chocolate sandwich cookies in food processor and pulse until puréed.
- Fold puréed cookies into pudding mix. Stir until fully mixed.
- Add whipped topping and instant chocolate pudding. Stir until fully mixed.
- Place in refrigerator and chill for one hour.
- Spoon grey stuff into piping bag fitted with desired tip. Pipe grey stuff onto cookies. Top with sugar pearls.
You can watch the full baking tutorial on how to make the Grey Stuff here! Bon appétit!
Learn how to create more iconic treats from Disney films here!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Have you ever tried the Grey Stuff in the Disney Parks? Let us know in the comments below!
Marc Brown says
This can NOT be the real recipe- I imagine the real grey stuff has actual homemade custard or creme pat blended with actual whipped cream. However, this does look like a great approximation to do with my daughter 💕
Why do you never include print buttons or pinterest buttons???
I loved the grey stuff at Beasts Castle and made this recipe at home with my deep chocolate moist recipe and it was delicious.
I don’t believe it is an exact Disney kitchen recipe but very close. My recipe makes a lot of cupcakes, so I handed them out to two neighbors, their response, wonderful and delicious.
I really enjoy trying your recipes, but I agree with Dianna’s comment. It would be much easier if you had a “printable” version of each recipe. As it is, I have to either print the entire page (can run to 16 sheets!), or take multiple screen shots & compile them into a usable recipe. Thanks.